St Tropez spray tan 3.7 litre, how many tans?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

laurenbeautyroo

Reaction score
Hi
I have a manual airport booth and was wondering how many tans people get to the large 3.7 litre tan bottle. They say its 50 but I don't get that many out of it.
Thanks

My rep says 55, i get a few more out of it than that make sure your gun is turned right down, how many do you get out of it now? you could be wasting alot of solution.

I think we get maybe 20!!! I've only just realised because we have been doing so many and I've been ordering a bottle a week!
I'm going to mark the date on the next one and the date we run out so that I can count the tans exactly.
If I turn the gun down though won't it just spray out a thin line?
Also do you spray twice as I was taught to spray the body all over twice.
Thanks

I never spray twice, i never need too. You need to turn your gun right down.
When you have sprayed your client she should have the guide colour on, have no runs and not be sticky at all. The over spray will be horrendous at that much not to mention your loss in profits! :Scared:

It will be a thin line of spray once you have turned your gun down! and i'm imagining if you're only getting that little spray tans out of the bottle you're spraying out alot and it'll prob not take you any time at all. I'm mobile and it takes me 20/25 minutes to go in set up, spray, pack away, be paid and leave!

If you need any help feel free to PM me and ill send you my number and talk you through it!

My rep says 55, i get a few more out of it than that make sure your gun is turned right down, how many do you get out of it now? you could be wasting alot of solution.

That's still approx 70ml per body - seems an awful lot. I use around 35ml per body but that's not using St Tropez.

I think we get maybe 20!!! I've only just realised because we have been doing so many and I've been ordering a bottle a week!
I'm going to mark the date on the next one and the date we run out so that I can count the tans exactly.
If I turn the gun down though won't it just spray out a thin line?
Also do you spray twice as I was taught to spray the body all over twice.

Thanks

No & No :biggrin:

Turning the gun down won't make it spray in a line unless that's the way you have your dial turned at the front. Mine is set vertical and I don't have a prob with lines.

You really only need to spray once. The skin can only take up a certain amount of DHA so spraying twice is just the guide colour. It doesn't affect the overall colour the client will go.

If you are getting 20 tans out of the bottle, then you are effectively doing 40 tans if you are spraying twice. I only respray an area if I've missed a bit.

Hi I'm a spray tan tech was wondering how to get hold of st tropez solution is it only possible if trained with st tropez? Kind regards

I get around 15-18 tans to a litre bottle of tan... And I spray twice... I like to coat the whole body with the first coat, then go over the outside bits (so the arms, legs shoulders, chest and back) with a second light coat to make sure they are evenly covered and come out a little darker for a more natural looking tan...

Hi amount of tans per litre depend on numerous factors, such as the person being sprayed,machine,how used to tanning the technician is and very important the needle size of the gun. Generally most hvlp units are sold with 0.5mm-1.2mm needles. This controls the amount of solution expelled, so a 1.2mm will give less tans than a 0.5mm As there will be more excess overspray. From our tests based on average size persons and a suitable machine we found the following :-

1.2mm needle - 10-12 tans per litre (lots excess overspray) 80-100ml

1.0mm needle - 13-16 tans per litre (quite lot excess overspray) 60-80ml

0.8mm needle- 17-20 tans per litre (little excess overspray) 50-60ml

0.5/0.6mm needle 20-25 tans per litre (v.little excess overspray) 40-50ml

Higher needle sizes are easier to use for begginers as the guide colours are more visible than with lower size needles. The solution droplets create more of a mist spray than liquid spray in lower sized needles

As reference double spraying the skin will only absorb so much of the solution before it becomes saturated, therefore you may find a darker guide colour when applying the solutions twice but after wash off there should be little difference if any,

Through our testing we have found 14% is the maximum absorbtion level of dha to the skin, giving natural looking results.

we also try to skin type our solution dha %,s to try to match with clients for the best results i.e if someone fair skinned wants a european natural tan we match this with an 8% solution if they want to have a dark tan for their complexion being as example caribbean tan we would use a 10% once however you increase from a 10% with dha this becomes to much for the pigmentation of fairer skinned persons and starts to become unatural and orangy,

Latest posts

Back