St tropez

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emmalouisa

Reaction score
Hi Peeps,
Anyone know how many full body tans i can get out of a 240 ml standard size st tropez tan?

hiya,

my st tropez bronzing mist is 270ml and I get at least 5 using airbrush tanning and giving my face a quick spritz every other day. Have you got your argos sprayer yet? - I can't wait to here how you get on! My hubby is going to pop out and get one in his lunchbreak. Figured you can't lose out with the 28 day money back guarantee!

I usally get about 6 full tans out of one bottle.But I do use the compressor so I think you will get more than just using it from the bottle. They now sell a 960ml bottle for £39 ish plus vat.

kas67 said:
I usally get about 6 full tans out of one bottle.But I do use the compressor so I think you will get more than just using it from the bottle. They now sell a 960ml bottle for £39 ish plus vat.
Hi!
Not sure if I'm misunderstanding you - but I've been using St Tropez for almost a year and I've always bought a 950ml (salon size) bronzing Mist for £50 +VAT.
Are you talking about something different, or am I missing out on some great savings?!?!

Ta! laura x

I used to buy the big salon size and paid £50 + VAT, but stopped because it only worked out about £3 cheaper than buying individual 270ml bronzing mists which you can always sell on. It was quite difficult to decant into the airbrush bottles too. Just used the earlex sprayer for the first time (with new needle/nozzle less than 1mm). Absolute nightmare!! really loud, have to shout at client to turn, came out far too fast and far too much even with screw adjustor right in to restrict the trigger. I think the pressure is set too high, but don't know how to change it. Bathroom was covered - took 1 minute to spray tan on model and 15 minutes clearing up! Ithought the HVLP was meant to eliminate overspray!!!! Help! What am I doing wrong?

I can't say I'm definitely right, but are peeps sure that the Earlex sprayer from Argos is deffo as OK to use as the ones sold by Solglo and Sundrench?
I only ask because I've had no problems at all with my Solglo kit, in actual fact last time I did my mum I did a top-up application two days layer cos she thought she wasn't dark enough.
I always have the nozzle set at 'ten past eight' - at a diagonal angle rather than in a straight line, turn the trigger all the way off and then gradually turn it on, testing the spray on a wad of couch roll until I get it right. I get very little overspray, which I test by always checking how much spray there is left on the disposable matt that the client is standing on.
As far as I know the Solglo needle/nozzle is a 0.4mm so even if you have a smaller nozzle than 1mm it may be too big. It is noisy, about the level of a vacuum cleaner, but I've got used to it and can make my clients hear me without having to shout, just have to speak a bit clearer :D
Sorry, I'm not trying to diss anyone at all who is having problems with it, but I've been getting on fine with mine, and for only a £30 difference between the Sundrench system and the Argos one, I wonder if the Argos one may be a false economy?
xxx

thanks for that. I wonder if the set up is slightly different with the solglo/sundrench ones? at least argos have a money back policy!! might take it back and try the other ones for the sake of £30 - I hadn't realised that the price difference was so low.

How quick is the drying time - my model this morning seemed to dry in less than a couple of minutes, and the application took less than a minute!!! Couldn't believe it! My usual airbrush tan only takes about 8 mins to spray but can still be tacky after 20 minutes.

xxx

I take about 5 minutes to spray and it takes another maybe 5 till I let them put clothes back on, so I have a couple of light silky dressing gowns for them to throw on so they're not standing around in their lovely disposable pants :D

Hi
i spoke to the man the other day on his mobile from sundrench and he comfirmed that the machines were exctly the same except a different nozzel , sundrench are no longer selling them as they were making no profit on them xx

Latest posts

Back