Staff advice needed urgently!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you for being so straight forward hun, :hug: I just have to convince my other half I'm doing the right thing.

I'll make arrangements immediately. All this is happening in the wrong week. The salon is getting set up, I'm moving house this weekend and now this.

I'll let you peeps know, thanks again to all of you!!!! :hug:

xxxx

You need to ask your other half then whether he would rather you let this woman destroy the business you have worked so hard to build up. Because that is what will happen if she continues to have so much control over your business.

sorry to hear this Rose.

Things seem to have gone from bad to worse:cry:

Hopefully, the person concerned will see how upset you are and come to her senses:hug:

Its a despicable way to treat a boss never mind a FRIEND.:irked::irked::irked: TOTAL breech of contract, i'd threaten legal advice - maybe THAT would put a STOP to it?

Amb x

You need to ask your other half then whether he would rather you let this woman destroy the business you have worked so hard to build up. Because that is what will happen if she continues to have so much control over your business.

Thanks hun :hug: I did better than that, I posted him the link to this thread and he agreed with all of it. But he is worried.

xxxx

sorry to hear this Rose.

Things seem to have gone from bad to worse:cry:

Hopefully, the person concerned will see how upset you are and come to her senses:hug:

Its a despicable way to treat a boss never mind a FRIEND.:irked::irked::irked: TOTAL breech of contract, i'd threaten legal advice - maybe THAT would put a STOP to it?

Amb x

Very kind of you to say hun, but in an ideal world hey? :hug: :hug:

I just hope the salon will be the success I hope it'll be, it sometimes feels like everything and more is just standing in my way ... maybe this is a sign, but knowing me and how stubborn I am, I'll kick the sign out of the way and keep fighting no matter how many battles there are and tears I cry ... I'm a sucker for wanting more ... for wanting better.

Oh ... talk about bad timing, it's her Grandad's funeral on Thursday. :irked:

xxxx

get rid of her now, she sounds awful and i doubt she will help you find a new decent staff member

what she has done is a sackable offence

these websites will let you place an ad for staff

Flats to rent London, jobs in London, flatshare, free classified ads UK
Leisure jobs, Hotel jobs, Chef jobs, Bar jobs from Jobstore.co.uk
Beauty jobs, hairdressing jobs, spa managers, beauty therapist recruitment
Beauty Recruitment* Plus - Recruitment, Plus, Salon, Human Resources

don't know how much experience you want staff to have but how about you contact colleges and training centres in your area for staff

get rid of her now, she sounds awful and i doubt she will help you find a new decent staff member

what she has done is a sackable offence

these websites will let you place an ad for staff

Flats to rent London, jobs in London, flatshare, free classified ads UK
Leisure jobs, Hotel jobs, Chef jobs, Bar jobs from Jobstore.co.uk
Beauty jobs, hairdressing jobs, spa managers, beauty therapist recruitment
Beauty Recruitment* Plus - Recruitment, Plus, Salon, Human Resources

don't know how much experience you want staff to have but how about you contact colleges and training centres in your area for staff

Thank you very much Chantell, I had no idea about those sites, thanks very much! :hug:

xxxx

Thank you very much Chantell, I had no idea about those sites, thanks very much! :hug:

xxxx

thats ok i will run a internet search and see if i can find anymore

keep your head up it will all be sorted real soon:)

ps have you put an ad on here and on your website

If you are concerned about the legalities of dismissing your employee, then contact ACAS - they are fantastic for giving advice on these sorts of issues. I think you will find that she is not acting in the best interests of the business that employs her, and is therefore gross misconduct, and you can dismiss her instantly. A bad apple in the business will rip everything apart. Ditch her now, so that she cannot cause problems with clients. She is not irreplacable and isn't worth the sleepless nights. Good luck :hug:

Was she your friend prior to the business, or did she become your friend through the business?

Was she your friend prior to the business, or did she become your friend through the business?

She became my friend through the business, why?

xxxx

Hi have you spoke to ACAS?? They'll tell you for free exactly what you can do or can't. If she's broke her contract you have every right for instant dismissal. Good luck

Hi

I would just like to say how sorry I am for you - this sounds like a dreadful situation and I'm sure we cant all appriciate it fully as we are not in it.

In my opinon who cares if she takes her clients? She sounds like such a nasty piece of work that her true colours will shine through - trust me no one (no matter how hard they try) can keep their true self hidden.

For those clients you do manage to speak to - rememeber to take the high ground - unfortunatly you have had to let ''name'' go with immediate effect but unfortunatly you cannot discuss why. Apologise and ask if they would be happy to wait for a replacement stylist and that they can have a five pound voucher or such and such discount when the new stylist arrives.

Most clients will be understanding and thankful that you have been honest and not been brought down in this ugly mud slinging match that your employee is attempting.

Of course some will be upset - just remember you CANNOT please everyone.

You seem very genuine and this will of course shine through.

I wish you the best of luck, keep us posted.

hth xxx

:mad:Unfortunately I think this kind of thing is all too common with young girls leaving salons and trying to poach business, however, the client will go with who they are happy with and I am quite confident that must be you! Professionalism all the way!!! It works wonders, shame that girl hasn't heard!:eek:

Latest posts

Back