Staff rant!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

misseden

Reaction score
Hi all, please tell me if im out of order here but today i inteviewed someone for a full time therapist role. She was full of attitude! She hit me with a few facts, she does not do eyelash extensions or nail extensions as she "doesnt believe in them", she doesnt like dermalogica, she wont do more than 4 hours massage a day (i would NEVER expect anyone too anyway) and she wont work for minimum wage. All this was fired at me before i had chance to speak. Im so annoyed, never ever been spoken too like that. Sort of ruined my night!

Some take your breath away.

Look at it another way, she's the one looking for a job- wonder why???

For gods sake don't offer her a job. She'll be a nightmare, I promise.

Oh I wont be. Once she had finished her little preach i simply said "well im afraid I have nothing to say in that case" and showed her the door! She was very above her station! Time for wine :o

If she was like that at her interview I can only imagine what she would be like to work with :o

Wow... Talk about lack of people skills. No wonder she's looking for a job. she seems quite militant. If she really wants things HER WAY with no compromise she should set up on her own.

x HelloSORRISO x

What an attitude problem! I think I'd tell her where to go!!

At least she showed her true colours now & not after a job offer. You dealt with it really well :)

Some people amaze me! Xx

Hi all, please tell me if im out of order here but today i inteviewed someone for a full time therapist role. She was full of attitude! She hit me with a few facts, she does not do eyelash extensions or nail extensions as she "doesnt believe in them", she doesnt like dermalogica, she wont do more than 4 hours massage a day (i would NEVER expect anyone too anyway) and she wont work for minimum wage. All this was fired at me before i had chance to speak. Im so annoyed, never ever been spoken too like that. Sort of ruined my night!

Ha ha some people baffle me! She sounds like she would be a joy to work with ...... Great people skills too!

When the some of the parents at the school heard I was opening a salon, one of the mothers came upto me ( who is not yet qualified) told me she would work for me in the school hours but she would need more than min wage and won't work weekends.... Ha ha well you can imagine I took her on immediately .... Not!!!!

do you ever think people do this so they can get unemployment and mark that they went on "x number of interviews"...

i know people who will blow interviews and really be horrid but they can say 'well i went on 3 interviews this week" so they continue to get benefit....

people floor me with their rudeness and nastiness. it shouldn't surprise or shock me but yet i just sit there stunned at the stupidity.

lol wait for it i had one girl turn up to an interview in her pjs chewing gum an stank of smoke an was like so what hours will i be working an i just went none so she looked at me like i had 2 faces and said why i said take a look at yourself an step into my shoes would you employ someone who came in with your attitude in your pjs like your at home not try to impress me much are you now theres the door please leave before i throw up on you as you stink of smoke!!! lol her mouth dropped she muttered something and left. always used to walk past the salon an glare in at me and i would just sarcastically smile back. Who do theses girls think they are!!!

Thanks girls it means a lot to know im not an ogre! Exquisite Beauty- sooooo funny!!!!!!!!!!! I dont know who people think they are, i will never ever get over her, I just keep thinking shes come into my business and rubbished everything before I had a chance to speak. Back to the drawing board. Sigh:lick:

O M G pj's lol lol that is hilarious, thats gotta be the worst/hilarious story interview if I've ever heard one... Jesus some people. I'm trying to find a waxer and so far cannot get beyond the telephone interview stage, they cant even speak correctly so there's no chance if them answering my business line. Keepin on looking thou... terrible quality out there so far.

I was on the other end of this problem the other day. Got turned away from a job in a salon for being "too ambitious". I was astounded. :D

lol wait for it i had one girl turn up to an interview in her pjs chewing gum an stank of smoke an was like so what hours will i be working an i just went none so she looked at me like i had 2 faces and said why i said take a look at yourself an step into my shoes would you employ someone who came in with your attitude in your pjs like your at home not try to impress me much are you now theres the door please leave before i throw up on you as you stink of smoke!!! lol her mouth dropped she muttered something and left. always used to walk past the salon an glare in at me and i would just sarcastically smile back. Who do theses girls think they are!!!

This rings a bell!
At the old salon I worked at my boss interviewed a 29 year old chef that was looking to start an apprenticeship in hairdressing, she came to the interview smelling like a chimney, in her chef uniform that also looked like it hasn't been washed in years and with extremely messy and dirty hair.
I don't know why... But my boss gave her a week for a trial, I caught her stealing $50 out of my bag on the second day.
No wonder why these people are unemployed.
OMG! Andddd ... After the interview she said to my boss "I'll let you know if I'm coming to the trial because I'm getting interviewed by a salon that pays more :O" I don't know why she gave her a chance in the first place.

oh i could write a book about interviewing and i everyone would call me the simon cowell of interviewing ppl lol heres another one for ya was cleaning at the end of day when someone knocked on the door so i said were closed and he was like but love i've got me girlfriends cv here. so I politely took it off him an closed then door i ripped open the envelope, didn't even get the change to get it out an read it. Because the smell of smoke hit me it went straight in the bin. Then a week later she came in and asked why hadn't i responded to her cv. And just said the positions been filled so glad too cos she was 6 months pregnant. Don't get me wrong i'm all for people populating the world but if i gave her a chance i'd end up having to pay maternity leave and employ another therapist lol

Jesus Christ she'll be unemployed for a long time with that attitude!!

I'm currently recruiting and i am making my way through CVs at the minute. Last week one of the applicants went on to my salon Facebook page and left a snotty comment under a recruitment status asking why no one had been in touch yet, she said that she has applied twice via indeed and spoken to reception ... She thinks "it would be nice if someone would get back to her and let her know if she hasn't got the job!!!" Yeah like you're going to get a reply now :D

I remember on here, a while back, a debate where people thought they should be paid from the moment they walked into work, and if they were paid from nine, they wouldn't walk in till nine on the dot. A few of us tried to point out that people usually have to take their coats off, and have a wee/drink, before commencing clients, but she argued that she shouldn't be booked till half nine as she had to set up her wax etc.
Militant attitudes abounded like that a few years back, and she was backed up by lots of people.
With 100,000 therapists a year being trained nowadays, people need to understand that employers have the choice of the cream, and having an aggressive, militant attitude will just get you an eye roll these days. Certainly won't get you a job, however technically 'right' you might be.

Wow... Talk about lack of people skills. No wonder she's looking for a job. she seems quite militant. If she really wants things HER WAY with no compromise she should set up on her own.

x HelloSORRISO x

Too right... But do you think if she did set up on her own. And she doesn't do more than 4 hours of massage.. Yet she gets a big booking in on a Saturday for 5 full body massages at say £30 a go.... Would she really turn it down???? Lol.... I don't think so! What a silly girl she sounds!
People make me laugh! How ridiculous! Xx

Nicola! Xxx

By the way I'm saying this girl sounds ridiculous not you or what you have written.... Just thought I'd point that out lol 😬

Nicola! Xxx

Latest posts

Back