Staff sick please help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rooroo80

Reaction score
I have asked before about this but need legal advice on how to deal with a member of staff who is always of sick randomly. I can't take anymore and need to take steps to either get rid of her or change her attitude (which I'm sceptical about!). Any advice would be appreciated, I'm at the end of my tether!! Thanks

What is your sickness policy? And what is written in her contract with regards to sickness? X

In all honesty my contracts are out of date and this particular member of staff came as a junior and hasn't got one. I know this probably isn't great but I've been in business for a long time just haven't needed them till now!

Contact ACAS for specific advice as not having written contracts can leave you vulnerable as you're legally obliged to provide them.

Rather than focussing on this one staff member, you need to step back and prioritise your management strategy. If you've not got staff handbooks in place, start there. It's difficult to dismiss for poor performance/sickness if you can't refer back to agreed targets that she should be meeting.
Do you ever hold staff appraisals or return to work after sickness meetings?

Yes but not regularly enough, thank you I'll contact acas and get something in place!

Latest posts

Back