Staff teas and milk etc.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I share a salon with one other person and she drinks tons and tons of tea. But, we just put £5 a month in a kitty and take the cost of milk etc out of that generally. However I sometimes buy the loo rolls and she nearly always buys the milk and tea bags so it just works out. It's not worth falling out over it. We make our own drinks whenever we like.

Why not just tell them!! Say look your taking the P a bit would you all mind maybe once a week buying some milk for you all to use!? I think it would be pathetic to say no your only allowed 4 cups a day but just make them aware how many cups they drink and how much milk they use and that clients don't really get a drink!!

Yeah to be honest if my boss started telling me how much tea to drink when I'm not having a lunch break I'd be really peed off. I think either suck it up or say staff tea has to now be a kitty because you're getting through £x a week on it (which you also put in to, maybe more). I think you can say anything to people and it goes down well if you handle it well and nicely.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I think you've been too generous and now they're taking the P! If they're not staff and they rent a chair, room, desk then I would say they pay for just that including utilities NOT tea and coffee, what next lunch?

I've rented and now I rent out and it's always been equally shared as you are all self employed and all have to drink and have clients who would like a drink.

Put in a vending machine and set it to 20 or 30p!;)

this is a tough one as I see it.
if your girls were paying a fixed rent and working back to back 10 hrs a day as you say, then I would say they need to pay for their own drinks.
however, they pay a % rent, which as they are very busy, means you are earning a good rental % from them.
you don't mention their %, if you charge them 40% or more, you need to keep them in tea and coffee!
if you are charging less than that (typical % is 40) then you need to either put up their % or make them pay for their own drinks.
Im sure given that option, they will pay for their own dinks AND drink less!

if no other way forward, the best suggestion on here is to provide x amount (the amount that you business can justify within its profits) and then they buy it when it runs out.

Latest posts

Back