Staff wanted but can't find any!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beautique150589

Beauty Salon owner
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
For the past 2 months since my beauty therapist left I have really struggled to replace her. I
I am looking for a part-time qualified Beauty Therapist Monday-Wednesday (22hours) must be flexible to work extra hours over Christmas Period. I have advertised the job vacancy online, job centre, local paper, facebook etc and STILL no luck. Its getting really difficult as I am currently juggling everything on my own and desperately need a therapist. Why is nobody applying? Any suggestions on where to advertise?

Thanks Sarah. X

Wish I was closer. I'm in Manchester and looking for a nice salon with younger clientelle myself.

I feel your pain, I've advertised everywhere!

I'm looking for a part time experienced therapist which is what I put on all my adverts, yet I still have people with either no experience or enthusiasm, well when I say enthusiasm I did have one person apply who said she had no qualifications or experience but was willing to learn, bless her she had no clue, she thought it was a job that you can just walk into and with a bit of practise do!

I have in the past taken on people who haven't been the right fit through sheer desperation, it never works out well and so I'm trying to remember this whilst looking.

A spa not far from me is having the same problem, I'm guessing all the good one's are either self employed or being well looked after by their present employer.

Good luck!

What about advertising at the local colleges and on hair and beauty job websites. You will find someone it just takes a while for the good ones to come out of the woodwork.

Try Indeed I've had some good applicants from it!

Latest posts

Back