Stain resistant top coat?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amnoel27

Reaction score
Hi! Having problems with my gelish top it off and staining. See attached picture. Any recommendations for a better stain resistant top coat? TIA

Attachments

• 21F98D37-08BA-4D8A-A8A4-BA993568ABF2.jpeg
    21F98D37-08BA-4D8A-A8A4-BA993568ABF2.jpeg
    33.6 KB · Views: 30
Is it all clients or just that one?

If it's all of them, I would suggest incorrect cure of the topcoat. Are you using the correct lamp?

If it's just one I would suggest its the dye from new jeans, new leather handbag, new gloves, or something similar.

The scuffs to the fore finger suggest she's been cleaning/working, or as per option 1 above, the topcoat wasn't fully cured.

It is not all clients but rather only with lighter colours. This client was the worst I have seen. She said she had scratched the index finger which is why it was worse than the others. I noticed on my my own nails one day the top coat discoulored after using a “wet one” wipe to clean my hands in the car. I’ve had other clients that have discolouration from new jeans or cooking with turmeric or curry.
As for curing...I use a Young Nails LED/UV lamp and cure for 60 seconds. Is it possible to “over cure”? Sometimes my clients will turn the light back on after the 60 seconds because they like the warmth. Thanks for your reply!

If it's happening to more than one client then it's something you are doing, either contaminated top coat, or insufficient cure. I don't use Gellish or Young Nails but suspect the YN lamp is not compatible with your gel polish. You may want to read the Pinned Post at the top of the Nails Forum about why just any old lamp won't do.

Latest posts

Back