Stained Glass window effect

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

twid

Reaction score
Hi, I'm very new to this forum and nail art - just started a college course 2 weeks ago.

We were told that to do this effect we had to use dust mixer (not supplied in my kit) and I have tried to buy it. Spangles sell it but I cant seem to buy it anywhere - no one knows what I'm talking about!!!!!

Can anyone help me find what I am looking for - am I asking for the wrong thing?

Kara

hi

if you go to www.netnails.net there's a tutorial on the glitter dust ( they also sell all the glitter dusts)... just look down the left hand side of the page. i think it explains how to do cherries in glitter, but to do a stained glass window effect, use your base coat, then black polish all over the nails, then apply the glitter dust in small sections,in different colours all over the nail, in random shapes, leaving a slight black outline between each colour.if you accidentally cover too much black, just use a fine brush to paint the black line back in. then finish off with a top coat.
Have fun!!

twid said:
Hi, I'm very new to this forum and nail art - just started a college course 2 weeks ago.

We were told that to do this effect we had to use dust mixer (not supplied in my kit) and I have tried to buy it. Spangles sell it but I cant seem to buy it anywhere - no one knows what I'm talking about!!!!!

Can anyone help me find what I am looking for - am I asking for the wrong thing?

Kara

Hi Kara,
I was pretty annoyed about your college when i read this post.
When i was at college what ever wasnt supplied in our kit, Was supplied by the college for usto use. I feel the courses are expensive enough without having to buy extra kit just to do one design.

mandy_moo_64 said:
hi

if you go to www.netnails.net there's a tutorial on the glitter dust ( they also sell all the glitter dusts)... just look down the left hand side of the page. i think it explains how to do cherries in glitter, but to do a stained glass window effect, use your base coat, then black polish all over the nails, then apply the glitter dust in small sections,in different colours all over the nail, in random shapes, leaving a slight black outline between each colour.if you accidentally cover too much black, just use a fine brush to paint the black line back in. then finish off with a top coat.
Have fun!!
I can't open any links on the Ka-sa-ra site? do I need a down load to view?? can anyone help me?

hiya

you should just be able to 'click' on the things on the screen...if you click on 'glitterdust' on the left hand side of the screen, it should come up. i would've copied and pasted it for you onto here, but i'm not sure if i'm allowed!!

Kara

Have you tried your local Sallys or Capital hair and Beauty? they should sell it.

I have checked the web company and all is working ok, do try again and i hope it works for you.

We sell glitter dust mixer, which is a very thick, slow drying clear varnish with no brush in the bottle. Its £2.85 (code 2400). We also sell 16 glitter dust colours (also great for mixing with acrylic powder) and a special glitter dust brush (code 3414 - £3.40). You must use sable hair as normal nail art brush bristles will not withstand continued use when cleaning in nail varnish remover.

If you are stuck, plaese PM me your address and i will colour copy the info for you and pop it in the post! :lol:

For those that read scratch, they have used my jewellery as a step by step this month, and the nails its on are half stained glass deisgn, using glitter dust!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back