Stained nails!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

beautifulnails03

Reaction score
Help!

Before I started in the Salon, I removed my enhancements in the hope of growing nice long nails of my own! :rolleyes:

But I covered them with nail varnish to start off with so that they didn't look so bad. Now when I take my nail varnish off I have horrible yellow stains on my nails. :shock:

I buffed my nails and it seemed to fade a little, then I covered them with a new coat of enamel, I then removed this coat, and the yellowing has gotten worse! :?

I don't know what to do, I can't leave them without enamel because it will put my customers off! I don't smoke and each time I have put on a new polish I have put on a base coat, enamel and top coat.

Please can anybody tell me how to stop this? :(

Hiya, I've bought some 'Bubble White' from Sallys hair & beauty. I haven't tried it out yet, but it claims to lift discolouration from natural and artificial nails (and toenails!). 99p a sachet and it works in a few minutes - might be worth a go?? I'll let you know iwhen I've tried it.

MY friend works in a salon, she uses peroxide, she says it hasn't hurt them at all and puts solar oil on afterwards....

I just buff mine out with a very fine buffer or a clean buffer (from TT) and use solar oil...

Jamie :)

beautifulnails03 said:
Now when I take my nail varnish off I have horrible yellow stains on my nails. :shock:

I buffed my nails and it seemed to fade a little, then I covered them with a new coat of enamel, I then removed this coat, and the yellowing has gotten worse! :?

I don't know what to do, I can't leave them without enamel because it will put my customers off! I don't smoke and each time I have put on a new polish I have put on a base coat, enamel and top coat.

It seems a real pain to have to continually bleach your nails/buff your nails each time you take the polish back off...is there any chance it is the base coat you are using? The reason I ask this is a friend of mine continually had yellow nails (in fact, to me, they looked light a light orange!) and then when we broke it down, it was actually the Barielle base coat/strengthener she used - her nails just seemed to "react" to this stuff.

While I'm growing back my natural nails after enhancements, I have been using EzFlow's UV30 top coat (directly on the natural nail) which prevents yellowing or staining (as well as enhancing the pink and white of your nails) and lately have started adding EzFlow's Speed Finish (ultraviolet top coat) for added protection and I have to say they are looking incredibly healthy after a long time of looking really really rough! Maybe you could try that for a little while after removing the staining first - though you can't use UV30 over polish unfortunately - Speed Finish you could however.

Just a thought...

Most yellowing caused by constant wearing of polish is due to the amount of formaldehyde in the polish.

In the case of a Nail Strengthener -- these products are usually loaded with Formaldehyde (sometimes referred to as Formalin also) which will definitely be the cause of the yellowing.

NailBrite is a great product for brightening up enhancements or for cleaning all the ------ from the underside of clients nails. Retail it to the client so she can do the job regularly at home.

Clients should be encouraged to perform regular homecare with the appropriate professional products not things like peroxide - and denture soak or bleach ar any of the other things recommended by well meaning but misinformed nail technicians.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back