Stamping - any advice on placement?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blossom

Reaction score
Been using the all over stamping plates for a while with great results, now struggling with placement for my Christmas nails as they are singles. I use moyou London plates

In reality my clients fingernails are probably a bit smaller than the tips I'm using but ATM I'm failing to get a nice all-over design, it usually has half missing or is over to one side.

Any tips on lining up please? :) x

Also I'm finding my squidgy stamper sometimes gives me wavy horizontal lines when they should be straight- what am I doing wrong?

Last edited:
The clear jelly stamper is completely see through and perfect for placement, but I have also heard that MoYou themselves plan in brining out a clear stamper but not sure as to when, and for the horizontal too much pressure can cause the lines to go waves, maybe try a lighter rolling motion? HTH

I've got a clear jelly stamper & you can see exactly where your design will be.

I must get a clear one!! Where from guys?

I played and practiced for 2.5 hours and have mastered it (after a fashion lol) and am a lot more confident about my offerings for next week!

Thanks for the tip, yes def lighter rolling motion helps! X

Another vote for the clear jelly stamper! I'd always take a couple tries to get my placement just right but with this stamper it's always the first try!

They've sold out - no wonder!

They've sold out - no wonder!

Keep trying lol. They restock daily, but it took about 4 weeks of checking daily for me to finally get hold of one, and delivery from Canada was only 5 days!

There's a Facebook page for it that will let you know when they are due/ when they are back in stock!

I believe the jelly head is 2.8cm, but they are grooved especially to fit into the stamper, and if not fitted into a stamper properly I'd imagine it could rip/tear as they're quite delicate, me personally I think it's worth waiting for the stamper to be in stock but that's just my opinion, no guarantee it won't work either. HTH

Could you please give me the measurement of the jelly head? They have just the heads in stock and I was thinking it would probably fit into one of my (many) other stampers.

Oops too late
I believe the jelly head is 2.8cm, but they are grooved especially to fit into the stamper, and if not fitted into a stamper properly I'd imagine it could rip/tear as they're quite delicate, me personally I think it's worth waiting for the stamper to be in stock but that's just my opinion, no guarantee it won't work either. HTH

Thank you. Much appreciated. I will wait.

Just received my clear stamper from the eBay link above. It arrived really quickly and is fab! It picks up very well without any priming and placement is a dream as you can see exactly what you're doing!! :D

Been using the all over stamping plates for a while with great results, now struggling with placement for my Christmas nails as they are singles. I use moyou London plates

In reality my clients fingernails are probably a bit smaller than the tips I'm using but ATM I'm failing to get a nice all-over design, it usually has half missing or is over to one side.

Any tips on lining up please? :) x

Also I'm finding my squidgy stamper sometimes gives me wavy horizontal lines when they should be straight- what am I doing wrong?
I've just ordered myself a clear jelly stamper to see if it helps me, with this same problem. If the lines are moving you're putting too much pressure on the stamper when pressing it onto the nail, just be firm but don't squish it down too much, does this make sense.

Just received my clear stamper from the eBay link above. It arrived really quickly and is fab! It picks up very well without any priming and placement is a dream as you can see exactly what you're doing!! :D

I ordered one just before Xmas, so am looking forward to comparing the MoYou stamper I have now with the clear stamper.

Latest posts

Back