Stamping help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sam.T

Reaction score
So I love the look of stamping and when I first started nearly 3 years I brought the mo you London starter kit. But just never got on with it. Now I really want to try it out for Xmas I’ve seen so many lovely snowflake designs. Can someone advise me on the best application for stamping and how to apply over chunkier glitters? I’m so worried I’ll buy the stuff and it won’t work again!

For stamping you have to work fast, otherwise it dries on you. :) So after you've encapsulated or sealed in the glitter, you wipe off the sticky residue. Then you take a clean stamping plate, and dab a bit of stamping polish on the stamp you want, scrape the excess away with a scraper a couple times. Carefully roll across the plate with a clean stamper and quickly roll it over the nail where you want it. Then you seal the stamp in with topcoat, after it's dry. I practiced a couple hours solid on some practice tips. There are also plenty of great Youtube videos that cover this. Good luck!

Sarah R on you tube has some great tutorials

As above, you need to encapsulate the glitter before doing art over top and as already mentioned, work super quick. A good stamping polish and deep cut plates along with a squishy stamper are best :)
Here's a great video re application -

I also brought the mo you recently and couldn't get it to work. I thought the polish was drying too quick even though I thought I was working pretty quickly. I nearly gave in till I read somewhere to lightly scuff the stamper (the jelly bit) with a file. I think I used a 180. I clean everything with acetone and it works perfect now. Hope this helps

I had the same problem but I just kept practicing and think I've got it. There is a nack to it. I contacted moyou about it and they were super helpful. You have to work super quick especially when lifting the image off the plate with the stamper. Not too much pressure just a quick flick of the wrist. Clean your stamper with a lint roller rather than acetone as this will ruin the stamper. You customise the image once it's lifted onto the stamper also with the lint roller or dotting tool. Just keep practicing, it does work you just have to get the right timing and pressure. Good luck doll you'll get it xx

I bought lots of stamping products but mainly do acrylic nail art.
Got all my Christmas plates out in preparation for snowflakes etc and the polishes were all thick!
So I went back to hand painting designs.

I was struggling with stamping, I now clean the stamp with a lint roller before picking up the pattern and it works every time

Latest posts

Back