Stamping nightmare!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kellcass

Reaction score
Hi all.

I've had a few requests for nail art on clients as at the moment I only offer plain colour or glitter.

I purchased pueen stamping plates from Amazon along with their stamper and scraping card.

I don know what I am doing wrong but it just isn't working.

I'm using models own nail polish on fully dried nails.

I have used acetone to clean the plate no stamper.

The image just isn't being picked up.

I've watched loads of tutorials for pointers but I can't seem to find where I'm going wrong.

Has anyone got any tips and tricks to help me along as I think this would be a great add on for my business.

Thanks in advance.

First daft question...have you removed the film from the front? Pro ones come with blue film on so easy to see, but one of my clients bought some from Amazon but couldn't get them to work until I checked and they had a clear film over the top - she was a little embarrassed, I couldn't stop laughing at the look on her face :p

First daft question...have you removed the film from the front? Pro ones come with blue film on so easy to see, but one of my clients bought some from Amazon but couldn't get them to work until I checked and they had a clear film over the top - she was a little embarrassed, I couldn't stop laughing at the look on her face :p

Hi, yeah I've removed the film. I've seen some lovely plates in s2 but I can't invest if it's me that's the problem not the plates! Thanks for your help x

Try lightly using a nail file over the stamper xx

Are you pressing too hard to pick up the image, if you press too hard the polish is pushed out of the groves of the image. Try rolling ove the top gently and see how you get on

I've just YouTubed for Pueen stamper and found this video, I haven't watched it all but she says the Pueen Website says the stamper needs priming, have a watch of this and see if it helps

That's a great help. Thanks. I will give them a test out later and see if things improve!

You need proper stamping polish or I use vinylux too. And when you paint over the plate quickly scrape and quickly roll the stamper over it like picking it up in a rolling over it motion then onto the nail

Yes it could be the polish - not made for stamping.

I've just prepped my stamper by using a buffer and acetone and you can see that the shine has been removed. But it still doesn't pick up the polish no matter how quick I swipe and stamp. There is nothing on the stamp. Do you think it's the models own chrome polish I'm using then? anyone recommend a polish that's good. What are the moyou London ones like? Xx

Some of my polishes work for stamping, some don't. You need a sense, highly pigmented polish for stamping. I've bought some konad ones but tbh quite a few of my ordinary polishes work ok, just have a play

Moyou London ones are brilliant

I use models own chrome for stamping and have no problems, but I hate the pueen stamper! I use the creative big stamper. I find it works with most plates and polishes: http://rainbow-connection.co.uk/collections/creative-stamper.
I use a credit card rather than a scraper and lightly swipe across the plate and I mean lightly.
Try using a credit card first and lightly swipe. See if that helps. (also use a decent amount of polish on the plate.) Hope that helps x

I've just prepped my stamper by using a buffer and acetone and you can see that the shine has been removed. But it still doesn't pick up the polish no matter how quick I swipe and stamp. There is nothing on the stamp. Do you think it's the models own chrome polish I'm using then? anyone recommend a polish that's good. What are the moyou London ones like? Xx

Go on moyou and get yourself the black knight and white stamping polish and they will last u forever! I think it's your polish it's not picking up cos it's not thick enough

Could the polish be drying too quickly? Are you working fast?

I use the model own metallic polishes for stamping & they work perfectly. Must be your stamper. What have you cleaned your stamper with?

I agree with the others in response to the polish. You need to use the proper stamping polish or a thick polish

I timed myself stamping a nail to help you!

From the moment I pick up the brush loaded with polish to the design stamped on the nail ... Just under 12 seconds.

So if you're significantly slower than that it could be the polish is drying before you can pick it up. Might not be that, but just thought it might help you decide x

I timed myself stamping a nail to help you!

From the moment I pick up the brush loaded with polish to the design stamped on the nail ... Just under 12 seconds.

So if you're significantly slower than that it could be the polish is drying before you can pick it up. Might not be that, but just thought it might help you decide x

I just love the effort you went through for this blossom!

I just love the effort you went through for this blossom!

It's what happens when clients cancel last minute and you find yourself at the nail desk anyway lol

What better place to be than our nail stations I love nothing more than a cup of tea at my nail desk just playing

Latest posts

Back