Stamping, prices for clients?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinkiepromises

Reaction score
I've done a search and I can't seem to find what I need, sorry if it's been asked before!

What kind of prices are acceptable to charge clients for stamping?

Would £3 for 2 nails be too expensive?
I've tried to take into account extra time and product, ie top coat and polish.
I know it differs in certain areas, I just don't know how much to charge?

I wanted a separate price for stamping opposed to a blanket price to cover all nail art.
I was thinking of calling it stamping artistry?

Any thoughts?
What do other geeks charge? I do shellac and gelish.

Thank you xxxx
Sarah

I like to keep things simple so it's £5 whether it's one nail or ten (I'm mobile) :)

I charge 50p per nail, it doesn't take long at all. Maybe 2 min to apply stamp to all 10 nails and then top coat in lamp 2 mins each, not a lot of product or time and it leaves more room to charge more for free hand and gives client the option depending on how much they may have to spend x

Felicity xx

2 mins for 10 nails? It took me at least 5 mins per nail with clean up, but then I've not had many clients for this so far as I'm fairly new, and when you're practicing on colour pops you can take as long as you like 😁 £5 for any amount sounds good, I'm wondering if it will put some regulars off? I did a clients sister last night and when she asked how much she owes me I just stated my normal price, I don't know why I did this? I felt like I couldn't ask for too much more, the client did have a glitter fade plus stamping on ring fingers. Usually I'll throw a little glitter in for free, but then when I got home I realised that I won't be able to justify my "plain" service if I'm not charging for the extra.

I just hate getting to the end of a service and stating prices, I know I'm a business, I'm just soft.
I'm going to get my price lists done so I can refer to it in these types of situations.

Clients don't really seem to ask how much designs are before they ask for them. Should I inform them then that stamping and glitter or nail art is extra at that point?

It's hard because I feel quite close to most of my clients! Silly I know!

Thanks for the advice geeks!
It's greatly appreciated x

I'm the same pinkie... too soft!

Clients don't really seem to ask how much designs are before they ask for them. Should I inform them then that stamping and glitter or nail art is extra at that point?

Yes you should! It gives them the chance to confirm that that's what they'd like and that they're willing to pay the extra. :)

Once you get the hang of stamping it can be done very quickly, I don't clean up until after the final topcoat is cured and I just wipe around the skin with acetone which doesn't take long at all.

The majority of my clients just have accent nails because 50p per nail doesn't sound expensive and if they have all 10 then £5 is reasonable so they're not put off by that.

If a client is getting nail art then they should realise it will cost more and if they don't then they are a bit stupid lol feel confident and charge accordingly, even if a client hasn't asked how much something costs before they've got it on there nails I don't see why they wouldn't realise it will cost more so they shouldn't be surprised when your charging more.

Most of my clients that only want an accent nail would be very put off by £5 for one nail and id have to put my free hand art WAY up..

Felicity xx

50p per nail does sound ok, I guess the client has freedom then to stick to their budget, if they have one! And the £5 doesn't sound too excessive for a full set. I worry about using too much acetone around nails I've just done! I know they need to be soaked off to come off, but my sister messed me around with stamping once and I had to re do 3-4 times, each time removing stamp with acetone. Result was that the colour, even though top coated started to look dull, even after I top coated again I couldn't get the mirror shine back !

Thanks guys x

If my clients just want stamping/nail art on one finger nail on each hand I do it free. It only takes a couple of minutes to do. They love it and it keeps them coming back :)

I topcoat first, cure, stamp and use IPA (DSperse) to remove the design if it goes wrong, as I find it has enough acetone in it to remove the stamp without affecting the shine of the CND Shellac or Gelish. Then I topcoat again. Now I'm confident with stamping I tend to go in before topcoat to avoid too many layers. I hope this helps. :) x

I've done a search and I can't seem to find what I need, sorry if it's been asked before!

What kind of prices are acceptable to charge clients for stamping?

Would £3 for 2 nails be too expensive?
I've tried to take into account extra time and product, ie top coat and polish.
I know it differs in certain areas, I just don't know how much to charge?

I wanted a separate price for stamping opposed to a blanket price to cover all nail art.
I was thinking of calling it stamping artistry?

Any thoughts?
What do other geeks charge? I do shellac and gelish.

Thank you xxxx
Sarah

I'd perhaps say £2/3 for 2 nails or all for £5.

You're still taking the time out to get bits/tools together, curing time whether it's 2 nails or 10 is the same amount of time and needs charging...

Not sure if i misunderstood but I do think basing it on £3 for every 2 fingers is too much, £15 for a full set of stamping!! Xx

Sent from my XT890 using SalonGeek mobile app

I put the stamping on top of the top coat and then have another top over the stamping.

I use acetone free remover for redoing etc. You can remove and clean up edges as much as you want. It only gets rid of the stamping polish and has ne effect on the gel polish x

I think you definitely have to charge for stamping. I charge 50p per nail and is any nails are done with glitter, I charge 50p too.

Even though it doesn't take a lot of time to do the stamping, usually it takes a bit of time for the client to choose a design!!!

Free if they have just a couple of nails, buy of I do a full set just £2.00 cause it only take me a couple of mins too...

Then if I do free hand nail art I would charge more has this is more time consuming x

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1410733536.230194.jpg this us what I did. My normal pice for shellac is £20 which is reasonable in my area, and that's what I charged this client. I think I should have charged a bit extra? I find it hard to tell clients, I think stamping on 2 fingers £2 then all for £6 is that reasonable? Thank you ladies!

You have to decide what is right for you, but I have it priced at 50p per nail. When pricing art of any kind I start off with deciding how long it would take me to do one nail, along with the desirability of the design as in the overall impact. Then instead of multiplying that cost by ten for a full set I price the full set slightly cheaper if that makes sense, as it wouldn't take me ten times as long. It keeps a full set realistic, but doesn't impact so much on accent nails so I don't end up being paid a pittance for one or two accent nail.

View attachment 74970 this us what I did. My normal pice for shellac is £20 which is reasonable in my area, and that's what I charged this client. I think I should have charged a bit extra? I find it hard to tell clients, I think stamping on 2 fingers £2 then all for £6 is that reasonable? Thank you ladies!

You should have charged more than £20 but now you know for next time :) be confident because your work looks great.. I charge £20 for shellac as well and for what you did I would have charged £23 (shellac £20, glitter £2 and 2 stamps £1) x

Felicity xx

😁 thank you! It's the first time I've ever uploaded a pic! Yes I was thinking the same about £23 thanks ladies! I'm glad I've got you guys! Feel so alone sometimes working just with myself! X

View attachment 74970 this us what I did. My normal pice for shellac is £20 which is reasonable in my area, and that's what I charged this client. I think I should have charged a bit extra? I find it hard to tell clients, I think stamping on 2 fingers £2 then all for £6 is that reasonable? Thank you ladies!

I think it's up to you and how long you think it takes you.

I charge similar to other geeks above - 50p per nail and £5 for all.
I tidy up using non acetone polish around the edges after top coating which only takes a minute and when doing a full set. you're already on a roll.

Whilst £2 isn't much in the grand scheme of things I personally find that on the high side of stamping costs for 2 nails xxx

I'm such a sucker. I don't charge for stamping or glitter
I charge for nail art but when it comes to stamping, I know if I went to
A salon and they charged me for a stamp I wouldn't be very happy. It's so quick and easy.
My general rule of thumb is if it's gonna take more than 5 mins extra then I will charge.

Like I say, only my opinion based on how I would feel if I were the client and it certainly sets me apart from the competition.... More fool me maybe but I take the stance when buying plates etc that I do my own nails with them so buy the ones I like and then if clients want them, they are there.

My clients tip well so I suppose that's another reason I don't charge them for glitter and stamps.

Latest posts

Back