Stamping - Shellac or polish?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SuzH

Reaction score
Hi, so I purchased my MoYou kit & am ready to use today! So I do my shellac & top coat? Then remove tacky layer & stamp? Or stamp onto the colour?.. Then topcoat?

Also Do I stamp using shellac or normal polish? (I've read people do both?)

If I use polish.., do I finish with a shellac topcoat or nail varnish top coat? I'm confused??

Use your Shellac base and colour as normal, then stamp on to the 2nd cured colour coat. You can't use shellac for stamping, you'll need stamping polish or some normal polishes work ok but need to be highly pigmented to work, so a bit of trial and error involved.

Then use your Shellac top coat over the top of the stamped design to seal it all in. :)

Edit: some geeks top coat as well, then stamp over that, then top coat again, which you can do if you prefer, but you use more top coat, get a thicker nail and takes longer to remove x

I stamp with shellac all of the time, it works fabulous! You can also stamp with the CND additives. Fingernail fixer has a video on both ways on YouTube. You can either stamp on the color coat or top coat then stamp and top coat again. You do not need to remove the tacky layer first, this gives the stamp something to adhere to. I recommend stamping on the top coat, this way if the design is not to your liking you can wipe it off.. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• 1453448935272.jpg
    1453448935272.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 73
Use your Shellac base and colour as normal, then stamp on to the 2nd cured colour coat. You can't use shellac for stamping, you'll need stamping polish or some normal polishes work ok but need to be highly pigmented to work, so a bit of trial and error involved.

Then use your Shellac top coat over the top of the stamped design to seal it all in. :)

Edit: some geeks top coat as well, then stamp over that, then top coat again, which you can do if you prefer, but you use more top coat, get a thicker nail and takes longer to remove x

Ok brilliant Thankyou. Also how do I wipe off the stamper? Alcohol wipe? (D Sperse?) x

I stamp with shellac all of the time, it works fabulous! You can also stamp with the CND additives. Fingernail fixer has a video on both ways on YouTube. You can either stamp on the color coat or top coat then stamp and top coat again. You do not need to remove the tacky layer first, this gives the stamp something to adhere to. I recommend stamping on the top coat, this way if the design is not to your liking you can wipe it off.. Hope this helps.

Thankyou so much for the advice. How do I wipe the stamper afterwards? I'm sorry for sounding silly!

You don't sound silly at all. Most people use a sticky roller, those for removing pet hairs of clothes eg, to clean the stamper up, I've also sometimes wiped over with lint free pad with my systems remover on to no detriment. Please ask without thinking you sound daft, we've all been there !

Watch Sarah R on YouTube, you'll learn everything you need to know.

Latest posts

Back