Quantcast

Star Nails Clear Acrylic Turning Brown At Tips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mobile Nails

Well-Known Member
Joined
Nov 28, 2003
Messages
104
Reaction score
1
Location
Folkestone, Kent
Hi

I was wondering if anyone else has the problem of tips turning yellow. I am using star nails performance clear acrylic on my clients white tips but when I go back to do an infill most of the tips are a horrible browny, yellow colour. This does not happen when I use the pink acrylic powder.

Does anyone know the cause and what I can do to stop it happening?

Cheers.

Heather
Mobile Nails
 

Aphrodite

Well-Known Member
Joined
Sep 11, 2003
Messages
251
Reaction score
0
Location
South London
Hi Heather,

To be honest i've decided to ditch Star Nails altogether, don't know whether it's me or the product but i don't get along with it at all. Also Irang them to ask for advice 3 times this week, the lady was very snotty with me and I still haven't received a phone call back...

So if i were you maybe try NSI acrylic or go Creative!? ;)
 

Shelley Clarke

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2004
Messages
162
Reaction score
1
Location
Derby
i've used star nails too, don't find it good to work with though. Have you tried using UV Shield to prevent yellowing. I found if clients use sunbeds they do go yellowish at the tips but using the UV Shield prevents this.

Hope this is of help

Shelley
 

Mobile Nails

Well-Known Member
Joined
Nov 28, 2003
Messages
104
Reaction score
1
Location
Folkestone, Kent
Aphrodite said:
Hi Heather,

To be honest i've decided to ditch Star Nails altogether, don't know whether it's me or the product but i don't get along with it at all. Also Irang them to ask for advice 3 times this week, the lady was very snotty with me and I still haven't received a phone call back...

So if i were you maybe try NSI acrylic or go Creative!? ;)
Thanks for the reply Claire

I have been wondering about creative. Star nails is ok, I trained with it so its all I know, but think now is the time to find a better product.

Im going to the London Beauty show so will have a look at the creative stand then and see the products.

Heather
 

Mobile Nails

Well-Known Member
Joined
Nov 28, 2003
Messages
104
Reaction score
1
Location
Folkestone, Kent
Shelley Clarke said:
i've used star nails too, don't find it good to work with though. Have you tried using UV Shield to prevent yellowing. I found if clients use sunbeds they do go yellowish at the tips but using the UV Shield prevents this.

Hope this is of help

Shelley
Hi Shelley

Ive never heard of UV Shield. What supplier is it from? I will ask my clients if they've been on a sunbed and if they have would like to use this.

Thanks for your help !!

Heather
 

Fab Freak

Well-Known Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2003
Messages
3,326
Reaction score
70
Location
Bondsville, West Yorkshire
Mobile Nails said:
Hi Shelley

Ive never heard of UV Shield. What supplier is it from? I will ask my clients if they've been on a sunbed and if they have would like to use this.

Thanks for your help !!

Heather
Heather - just seen your note - if you need it Star do a UV protective top coat..this might help until you change systems..atb Louise -
 

scratchmyback

Well-Known Member
Joined
May 12, 2003
Messages
325
Reaction score
5
Location
Toronto ON Canada
I use Star Nail's UV Gel topcoat which is cured under a UV lamp for 2 minutes. I am in Canada though - so not sure what it is called in the UK or if we are even talking about the same manufacturer :confused:

Anyway, I use it on L&P as well as gels for the top coat. Goes on like polish, very forgiving, beautiful glass-like shine. Doesn't yellow. Just don't use anything finer than a 180 grit before you put on the topcoat though or it won't stick.

Laura
 

Shelley Clarke

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2004
Messages
162
Reaction score
1
Location
Derby
Hi Heather
You can get the UV Shield from a few companies i've seen it in NSI and The Carlton Institute. It protects from yellowing but i also find it gives a lovely finish to the nails aswell. If you need more info let me know. I love it and so do all my clients. If my clients are going on holiday they actually want to buy the product as it keeps their nails looking lovely.

Shelley
Mobile Nails said:
Hi Shelley

Ive never heard of UV Shield. What supplier is it from? I will ask my clients if they've been on a sunbed and if they have would like to use this.

Thanks for your help !!

Heather
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top