star nails manicure and pedicure course

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HandyAndy said:
I have to agree with other posts on this and think Sherry2K should be cautious. I thought the same as Sherry2K and now I know better! I thought doing a course over a longer period of time would give me more practice and time to take it in but that wasn't the case. Yes it's taking me longer but I'm not getting taught properly and the tutor doesn't care and the college back her up despite complaints from our class and other classes. I'm spending a lot of time doing this on my own and getting help from this site and babtac site. You will find also that the products you use in college are inferior and that manicurists don't use them.

Pick your college very very carefully. I thought I'd got all the right answers to the questions I asked but that as they say is good public relations nothing more. You might find that the two day tutor is at least interested in teaching you properly.

Alternatively there are good private colleges that take several weeks like Brentwood Academy.

Handyandy if you are not getting satisfaction from your college, tutors or otherwise then speak to the awarding body of the course you have embarked upon - hopefully they will sort your problems out...PS this should have been mentioned in a handbook given to you by the college, I attended Whitwood and the VTCT gave the college a book to pass onto us I assume the city and guilds do the same if they are the awarding body that is

smiler13334 said:
Hi Emma

I started out with a company called 'the nail company' who is a distributor of Star Nails. It was megga money then as not alot of people did it.

Why have you had to buy the whole kit?

I thought on their courses the kits were free with the course, that way you can get a feel of the products.

The courses are good you get a really informative package and there is alot to take in, but you do most of your training at home on helpful people, partners.LOL.

Anyone thinking of going for their NVQ levels, go for it you learn so much with all the study and practice and soon it becomes second nature and best of all it is a wonderfull feeling when you pass.

BUT don't forget that is just the start there is numerous amounts of knowledge out there and more and more training, i will tell you it is addictive.

Enjoy.

I'm doing my training with The Nail Company at the mo. They are Star Nails distributors but they dont neccessarily train you using all cuccio (star nails) products on man and ped courses. They mix the products up with Strictly Professional stuff which is much much cheaper and still really nice. I've done the beg man course (kit included)and I do advanced man with ped next month (you buy a ped kit for £13 if you need it).

Latest posts

Back