Star Nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Winky

Reaction score
Hi,
Yesterday a rep for Star nails passed by the salon to show me the products that they carried. I asked for samples since i refuse to just start using a system on my clients before giving it a test run on myself and my coworkers. But since she has no samples I was wondering if anyone uses their products and what are your opinions on it, good or bad! I usually do nails using gel.

Thanx!

hi
i originally trained with star nails and all their products are ok..i used gel and l&p.i used their products for quite a few years and then i discovered creative ...there is no comparison .i would never go back ...there is definately a difference between ok and excellent .
hope this helps
debbie:)

debbienailz said:
hi
i originally trained with star nails and all their products are ok..i used gel and l&p.i used their products for quite a few years and then i discovered creative ...there is no comparison .i would never go back ...there is definately a difference between ok and excellent .
hope this helps
debbie:)
i'd second that, its a good brand for beginers but the performance does not compare with my current acrylic for reliability. their glitter dust is great to combine with your clear powder though.

I think if you call united beauty they will send you a sample - or pick one up at Olympia if you are going.

ella said:
I think if you call united beauty they will send you a sample - or pick one up at Olympia if you are going.
I got some samples of their acrylic last year pink & white with monomer! I can recommend their polishes I find them good to put on & some of the colours I have used say only a couple of times since purchased in May and they still have an excellent consistancy - I recommend their damson crush its beautifull if you fancy a trial thats a nice colour to go with.

I would agree with the 'ok for beginners' (although maybe they have improved since I used them?)....I have found other products much better to work with...I think their polishes are ok tho

The only thing I would say regarding certain lower priced systems is that as a professional, I wouldn't want to use products that my clients can buy! Most people can walk into Sallys and buy certain product lines and call themselves a nail tek or just buy enamel etc cheaper than in the salon. That would annoy me no end.

Thank you for the advice! You have confirmed my doubts. To tell the truth i was not only wary about switching to Star nails products, but the rep wasn't very convincing either. Would you believe that she actually asked me to explain the difference between gel and l&p !?!?

Do you mean Jane Public can buy Star Nails products in the UK? Not in Canada they can't. At least, not the gel or L&P products anyway. I used Star Nails T3 Fibergel in school but we were taught to use it without the fiberglass. I wasn't impressed. It yellows and it smells weird :rolleyes: And it's a 6w gel. Now I use akzentz and am totally hooked on it.

Laura

Sorry, Joe Public too. I don't discriminate :lol:

scratchmyback said:
Sorry, Joe Public too. I don't discriminate :lol:
not sure, :confused: but i have a sneaking suspicion that the star nails that u.s and canada techs refer to may not be the same as we have in u.k. from other posts i have seen the products appear to be different ones. maybe they just have different names for the u.k market. ours are by a company called united beauty i believe.

scratchmyback said:
Do you mean Jane Public can buy Star Nails products in the UK? Not in Canada they can't. At least, not the gel or L&P products anyway. I used Star Nails T3 Fibergel in school but we were taught to use it without the fiberglass. I wasn't impressed. It yellows and it smells weird :rolleyes: And it's a 6w gel. Now I use akzentz and am totally hooked on it.

Laura

Star nails itself will not sell you products with you proving your qualifications HOWEVER there are websites that sell star nails products that you can purchase without showing any proof of qualification.

Also, can i ask - what exactly IS the difference between say star nails l&p and creative l&p, cos i actually prefer star nails to NSI l&p cos i prefer the colours and the setting times.... I'm not creative trained so i'm totally in the dark as to why it's better - i know the training is amazing etc but why is the actual product better too?

thanks! :twisted:

I think star nails in europe is the same as in the US and Canada. I'm Canadian but living in europe and the packaging is identical so i'm figuring it's the same thing.

i`m not 100% sure, but are the rio kits star nails, that they sell on the tv (ideal world)

United Beauty Products (Star Nails UK) is a different company to Star International (Cuccio in the US). They were once the same company (UBP's distributed in the UK) but went seperate ways years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back