Start up help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hanavc

Reaction score
Can anyone help me!!!

Ive just qualified in a basic diploma for beauty and am training to qualify in vtct soon. Im looking to go mobile whilst training and hopefully into a salon eventually for some experience. Can anyone help me with regards to any ranges of products that i can offer, what is popular with regards to treatments and what is usually offered.

I would also be extremely grateful for any advice with regards to courses for acrylics/gels as i am unsure whether to take a full nail technician course to offer silk and fibreglass extensions but have been told that this would be a waste of time and money.

Please help!!! xx

Can anyone help me!!!

Ive just qualified in a basic diploma for beauty and am training to qualify in vtct soon. Im looking to go mobile whilst training and hopefully into a salon eventually for some experience. Can anyone help me with regards to any ranges of products that i can offer, what is popular with regards to treatments and what is usually offered.

Well done on your beauty qualification- sorry I cant help you with this.

Can anyone help me!!!

I would also be extremely grateful for any advice with regards to courses for acrylics/gels as i am unsure whether to take a full nail technician course to offer silk and fibreglass extensions but have been told that this would be a waste of time and money.

Please help!!! xx

I have just done fibreglass and gel. I do prefer using the gel rather than the fibreglass. I am going to take an acrylic course in September because I have heard that this is more popular.

I looked at doing a beauty course. Level 2 includes manicure and pedicure, and Level 3 offers externsions. Does the beauty course you are doing offer any of these?

HTH :)

hi, i find waxing the most popular treatment, i was using phd waxing system but was not overly happy with it so am now going to invest in perron rigot wax, have heard great things about it, also im going with jessica for manicures and pedicures and dermalogica for facials.

I did a course at Capital for all the different nail systems, gel, fibre glass/silk. acrylic and sculptured. I have to say that every one asks for acrylic not many people have heard of gel but having said that i prefer to do gel.

A lot of people have told me that nail extensions are as popular as they were but i beg to differ on that one.

Good Luck any way

Jane xx

Hi and welcome. Well done on passing your diploma.

Why don't you look on other people's websites and see what they offer? Personally, I find massage, waxing and facials to be our most popular treatments, but I don't know if you're qualified in massage. I don't do nail extensions so I can't comment on that.

If you want some advice on which skin care range to go for, there have been loads of threads about that. If you do a search on something like 'skin care range' you should get loads of ideas.

Don't forget also to make sure you are covered by insurance if you are doing paying clients.

Good luck.

first of all well done you!!

i offer gel nails at my salon and it is poular but not as popular as acrylic but personal i would not do silk or fiberglass i find them really fildley but others may find them excellent thats just me personally

other treatments that are popular are taning which i use su-do and manicures and pedicures i use jessica also another popular treatment is waxing in which i use phd.

but ther are plenty other product brands you can use while you are gaining experiance and while you still train once you have regular clients and you have finished training you can then maybe re think your products

Can anyone help me!!!

Ive just qualified in a basic diploma for beauty and am training to qualify in vtct soon. Im looking to go mobile whilst training and hopefully into a salon eventually for some experience.

Hi!

Just to ask, you said you have a basic diploma.. is this a recognised qualification with insurers? the only reason i ask is that you state your training to qualify with VTCT soon... i thought you had to have a recognised qualification like VTCT to be insured other than just for case studies (i.e. insured as a student). If you are still a student, you may find that insurers will only insure you for case studies.

HTH's

ello, well done on your passes!!
I am mobile and I have a small clientel so I find that priadara is a fantastic skin care range.They have a website but can also be purchased through ellisons.
For manicures and pedicures I use salon systems and china glaze. When i am earning more money i hope to go to Jessica Products.
Also priadara are doing lots of lovely body products now, so thats worth looking into.
For waxing i use the run of the mill wax but again may change when the pennies come rolling in!!!???
I find that waxing, manicures and pedicures are very popular in the summer and in the winter massages, facials and make up become popular.
Once you get established try starting a few pamper parties, i find these to be very popular! If you want to know more about the pamper parties my web address is Gemma Marie Beauty
I hope that this has helped a bit hun:hug:
xx

hi guys thanks for the infor in response to being insured...I am insured under student at the mo and am increasing it to full as i think the guild of beauty therapisrts will insure me ( rest assured i wont be taking any money until im fully covered by the insurance company) and have passed in a diploma offered by a private college, am still studying for my vtct and hopefully will all be done by crimbo. Thanks for all the usefull info am just researching it all now. Theres so much stuff to take in!!!!

thanks again

Hana

xx

Latest posts

Back