Start up

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

grace

Reaction score
Hello, me again,

I wondered if anyone could recomend start up things, for example what retail products one would invest in.

I am only starting up small from home, i would like to stock a few bits and bobs for retail but wondered what would be best to think about. Solar oil I assume is a must, however does anyone have items that sellmore than others, do some polish's sell faster than others.

Basically the basic start up items that one would buy in order to get going really. I have a little range of my own things to complete nails at present but am introducing the creative range and hoping that I can make some money to pay for some great courses with CND.

Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.
Grace x

Hi there

I sell Solar oil, Solar Butter, Range of creative polishes, \crazy fur files

The crazy fur files is a great hit with clients in my salon because they come in Zebra print tiger print etc

I will be looking to add more to my products!

Cazza :D :D

hiya grace
aswell as solar oil, AHA cuticle eraser is a good one.
they work well as a package.
tell client to pack the cuticle area with AHA cuticle eraser before going to bed, clean cuticle area in morn. with nail brush & then apply solar oil.
the AHA action will "eat" away the dead skin & leave fresh skin to condition in the morn with solar oil :D
also don't forget non-acetone nail varnish remover.
lol liza xx

Well with the Holiday season nearing, OSNS are doing the little pots of solar butter, solar manicure, mini scentsations, heel therapy aso..............
Then a few of the smaller sized 3 way buffers, offer gift vouchers for sale,

You soon have a nice little Creative Retail area before you know it.....
They make nice little retail items and don't break the bank...........

Just a thought
love Ruth xxx

Apart from cuticle oil, I sell loads of Non-acetone polish remover, the profit margin is pretty high. Sally's are currently doing very reasonably priced Head to Toe kits which make great xmas presents.

Not nail related: MAD are currently selling some excellent eyeshadow compacts. They make great stocking fillers. You buy them at 70p per compact and mine are flying out the door at £2.50 each!!

As someone else mentioned, fun files and furry files are good all year round.

Since my customers are always facing me during their treatment, I find displays behind me or on the table sell best.

I always find the shows are excellent places to pick up bargain items for retail.

hi

i have some mini items and furry files for sale which would be ideal for stocking fillers and retail items if u r interested...please look at the for sale section under "items for sale"...
:D

hey thanks every one,

I have now written a list of bits and bobs that I will look to obtain for my retail items, am still desperately trying to finish my business plan, oooow what a night mare it is, but with the help I have obtained from here it is becoming far more managable cheers every one.

Grace x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back