Starter acrylic system: CJP or Glitterbels?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

diana.mrap

Reaction score
Hi guys. Hope you're all doing well.

I know this has been asked many times in other threads but I'd really like to explore this more with as much input I can get. I'm a beginner to acrylic nail extensions (still in the middle of obtaining my certificate), I've been recommended loads of systems but I'm most interested in either Glitterbels or CJP as I've heard they're generally easy to work with and are the systems easily available to me. For anyone who has used both systems (with their appropriate prep liquids, primers, monomers, etc. of course as I know you shouldn't be mixing different systems); which system offers the most durability and less lifting? I am well aware though that proper sanitation, nail prep and using a system's matching primer liquid are the main contributors to long lasting nails. See, I can only really afford to invest in one system at the moment and would really like to have to best and most reliable to start off with in order to build a good reputation as a nail tech.

Thanks for taking the time to read this :)

hi hun. i'm a newie and am considering the halo system or naio nails. i'd be interested to see what the more experienced members reckon to your question xx

Funny enough I asked the same question a couple of weeks ago and I ordered both trial kits . I found the Glitterbells MUCH easier to get good bead size so stuck with that and sold the CJP kit :). I also bought the size 8 glitter brush from them( Glitterbels ) and its perfect for me but everyone is different x

Being a beginner it's probably more important to ask which brand has the best follow up help.
If you run into issues can you readily get help from an educator?
I found this so important when I was starting out.
The brand I chose could not give me the support I needed so I changed brands to one which had a local educator who could give me valuable advise.
Best decision I ever made.

I use both every day and I’d recommend CJP. I do approx 7 sets per day so can easily switch between brands however I do think CJP is easier and quicker to work with. The beads self level without any flooding however their monomer allows you time to work the bead until you’re happy with the application then once you stop, it sets quickly. I can do a one bead application very quickly if there’s no nail art. If you’re colour blocking it’s a dream as it holds its shape and sets quickly.

Glitterbels is also great to work with and tbh I don’t think you’d be disappointed with either system. Customer service and delivery is excellent with both

Check out YouTube videos to see the difference in application. There’s a glitterbels/nails by Annabel channel and for CJP you can check out Liz Guild, Tracy Lou (mainly Cjp) and Charlottes Nails. Charlotte’s latest video with the pink and white ombré shows exactly how the pink bead stays in place.

Latest posts

Back