Starter kits?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lauren04

Reaction score
Hey geeks as soon as I'm back to full health and I plan on completing a nail course but as I'm sat around the house a lot I'm really bored so I'm thinking of buying a kit just so I can practice really (and keep me entertained!) iv seen this one on amazon The EDEGE Nails Acrylic & Powder Kit http://amazon.co.uk/dp/B002D7AD1O
And wondered if this is a good make to go with? & what uv lamp? Any advice would be great xxx

Sally's train with The Edge. I would personally get my stuff from them or another reputable supplier not amazon. I use it for my Konad stamps but that's it. You don't know if it's genuine or not.

Hello, and welcome :)

As much as you want to get started I (and others here) would advise you to wait till you've started your training before buying anything even if it is for your own personal use.

Save your money until you have the knowledge to purchase supplies from the distributors, then the world is your oyster!

Good luck with your course.

Michelle

Hi Lauren, sorry to hear you are not well and I am sure other geeks will be along soon to advise.
Talking from personal experience I know how hard it is to wait for something when you are so excited and passionate about it but I would strongly advise you to wait until you have done training.
Firstly for health and safety reasons as these are chemicals that when used incorrectly can cause harm or even longstanding allergies.
Secondly you will probably be throwing good money after bad somewhere along the line as there are so many products out there, some genuine and some rip offs.
If you are anything like me when I started out you will be shopping around and trying so many things that are actually not really that good and some that are.
We are here to help and advise professionals and consumers alike but as a consumer you will not be getting the advice you would want until you are qualified .

I really dont mean to sound harsh but try to save up your hard earned pennies towards a good trainig course and your tutors will point you in the right direction,

Good luck and get well soon

I love your enthusiasm and I hope you are fully recovered and fit soon.

But (yes you knew that was coming didn't you!) dabbling in an acrylic (L&P) system without training could do more harm than good. You could be picking up all sorts of bad habits, that you will need to 'unlearn' when you finally start your training, and that could hold you back.

If you have to do something nail related to while away your empty hours, why not teach yourself nail art, and keep your creative juices going that way.

Thanks for the advice just can't wait to start training! And iv already been ill a year so I am hoping my body gets better soon as I can't wait! :) thanks for helping xxx

Thanks for the advice just can't wait to start training! And iv already been ill a year so I am hoping my body gets better soon as I can't wait! :) thanks for helping xxx

Have you looked into doing the Essential Nails Homelearn training courses, I know it doesn't suit everyone but it does seem ideal for you?

I love your enthusiasm and I hope you are fully recovered and fit soon.

But (yes you knew that was coming didn't you!) dabbling in an acrylic (L&P) system without training could do more harm than good. You could be picking up all sorts of bad habits, that you will need to 'unlearn' when you finally start your training, and that could hold you back.

If you have to do something nail related to while away your empty hours, why not teach yourself nail art, and keep your creative juices going that way.

Good idea, also perfecting nail polish application. That could help you when you finally start doing Gel Colors.

I'm training with EN due to having a young family and no childcare and it would be ideal for you I think.

Hey geeks as soon as I'm back to full health and I plan on completing a nail course but as I'm sat around the house a lot I'm really bored so I'm thinking of buying a kit just so I can practice really (and keep me entertained!) iv seen this one on amazon The EDEGE Nails Acrylic & Powder Kit http://amazon.co.uk/dp/B002D7AD1O
And wondered if this is a good make to go with? & what uv lamp? Any advice would be great xxx

Hi ya, I'm going to sound like a real meanie here, but i'm only thinking about your best interest when i say what i'm about to say. :Love:

The Edge is a mediocre product. Having said that you are about to invest nearly £60 because you're 'bored'. But what do you know about these products - how they work, how to use them. Clearly very little as you are asking about lamps. And who are you going to practice on? Do you know anything about nail anatomy or about application procedures, contraindications to nail enhancements or what to do if something goes wrong? These are things that you need to know about otherwise you could cause someone alot of problems and possibly yourself if someone decided to sue you!

I would urge you to wait until your course where you'll be given a list of which products to buy and guidance on how to use the products correctly and, more importantly, safely. :hug:

Latest posts

Back