Starter nail business help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brybeex

Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm a newly qualified nail tech and i'm just looking for some clear advice.

Im hoping to rent a room in a salon owned by someone else.

i'm looking for advice with what steps i need to take and at which point with regards to insurance, registering self employed etc... and any other info

I already have my own equipment and will use my own brand, i just need to know what i need to do legally before i get started, as i want to do things properly.

Thanks in advance

Hiya, I did this exact thing 10 years ago! I set up and rented space from someone else who owned a salon. I registered self employed as soon as I started with 'real paying' rather than 'free practice' clients. I had all my products, set up and insurance and then filed for self employment. I'm not sure if it's the same now but even though I registered self employment after I'd spent a lot of money buying everything, I could still declare set up costs and even income from some of my paying practice friends and family so as long as you've kept a record, you will be fine! With regards insurance, I got this as soon as I started even practicing on people, you don't need to be self employed to get insurance! Even with friends and family things could go wrong!

I'd double check all the info about this on the .gov website though to be sure...like I said that was 10 years ago now! Xx

Latest posts

Back