Starter wax kits advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stefm80

Reaction score
Hello!

I start my L2 beauty therapy college course next week and I was just looking for advice on a good but not overly expensive waxing kit to use. Hubby wants to buy me one in a couple of months. I have trade accounts for, Ellisons, Salon services and Capital hair and beauty. There's so many different ones out there, I'm just a bit confused.

Many thanks.

Hello,

No help from me in afraid but I've also just started L2 beauty .

I've noticed we use salon systems in college, do you know what brand you use?

I'm attending the Olympia show on Sunday so am hoping to talk to wax companies then!

Rhi x

We haven't covered waxing yet, I think I will wait to see what they use.

I'm going to Olympia on Sunday as well!! I'm going to talk to everyone and try and make an informed decision then.

Stef x

Thats a good idea!

I'm the only one from my group going - I thought I'd be the odd one student there but hopefully I won't be!

Rhian x

Nope! I’m the only one going from my college. Really looking forward to it x

Glad I'm not the only one - worried I could feel like a fraud as not "professional" yet!

But we've all got to start somewhere .

Rhian x

I used salon systems at college, just couldn’t get on with it, now I’m qualified I started to try other waxes , will only use kim lawless and Perron rigot now, both sooo good

You'd be better trying what the college has and start by getting some wax to try. The college's are not known to use particularly great stuff and will probably cause you more hassle than going for a good brand which is hypo allergic.

I've used Australian Body Care, Susan Molyneux, Perron Rigot but now use Waxperts. A new one to try would be Wax:One by Sweet Squared.

what's the best wax to use?

I love the Kim Lawless wax both hard and strip but Perron Rigot Euroblonde is good too and I used this prior to Kim’s wax. If you are looking for a cheaper price point, the Salon Systems Just Wax beads are ok for facial hair but not much cop on intimate areas and to be honest, only really worth it if they are on a half price offer. You get what you pay for and not all waxes are created equal!

Thanks everyone. Some good advice and things to think about.

Hello!

I start my L2 beauty therapy college course next week and I was just looking for advice on a good but not overly expensive waxing kit to use. Hubby wants to buy me one in a couple of months. I have trade accounts for, Ellisons, Salon services and Capital hair and beauty. There's so many different ones out there, I'm just a bit confused.

Many thanks.

I love my one from Adam and Eve, it’s just a hive dual pot with their logo on but it’s great. I think the more pots the better, I once waxed someone so hairy with a large surface area that I went through 2 full litre pots! If I didn’t have the dual pot I couldn’t cope. Also handy if you want to go on and do hard wax too.

My first one was a just wax one and it started to leak inside onto the wiring as the seals weren’t good enough so wouldn’t recommend that one. Hazard waiting to happen.

I love my one from Adam and Eve, it’s just a hive dual pot with their logo on but it’s great. I think the more pots the better, I once waxed someone so hairy with a large surface area that I went through 2 full litre pots! If I didn’t have the dual pot I couldn’t cope. Also handy if you want to go on and do hard wax too.

My first one was a just wax one and it started to leak inside onto the wiring as the seals weren’t good enough so wouldn’t recommend that one. Hazard waiting to happen.
Not so good if it breaks though and stops working

Latest posts

Back