Starting a business!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lacey

Reaction score
Hey I know I'm young but I really want my own business any advice on how to go about it? It would be very helpful thanks :)

Good for you! I'm 21 and going to start training soon and also ultimately want my own business.

I think I want to work in a salon diet though just to get a feel for how it works - do you have experience like this
Next step is probably going to the bank and they can help you with a business plan! Exciting stuff

Danielle

Salon first* though lol

Good for you! I'm 21 and going to start training soon and also ultimately want my own business.

I think I want to work in a salon diet though just to get a feel for how it works - do you have experience like this
Next step is probably going to the bank and they can help you with a business plan! Exciting stuff

Danielle

Yes I am just finishing my NVQ level 3 Beauty and I work at the colleges Graduate salon 2 full days a week while I go to college for 3 days. Ive been working there since August 2011 and I love it :) I still want to have a few more years of working in a salon under my belt and some money put away too. :) xx

Hey I know I'm young but I really want my own business any advice on how to go about it? It would be very helpful thanks :)

Give the princes trust a ring, they offee short courses aimed at people looking to set up a business, help you with your business plan, explain paying your own taxes etc train 2000 (womens organisation) can help too. Hth xx

Sent from my GT-I5500 using SalonGeek

Give the princes trust a ring, they offee short courses aimed at people looking to set up a business, help you with your business plan, explain paying your own taxes etc train 2000 (womens organisation) can help too. Hth xx

I cut all my hair off and gave it to the princess trust :) I didnt know they could help with things like that though :) thanks x

Yeah, if you go on their website have a look at the enterprise program

I cut all my hair off and gave it to the princess trust :) I didnt know they could help with things like that though :) thanks x

Have to ask... Did you give them your actual hair!? Or do you mean you were sponsored to cut your hair off and gave them the proceeds?

Yeah, if you go on their website have a look at the enterprise program

Have to ask... Did you give them your actual hair!? Or do you mean you were sponsored to cut your hair off and gave them the proceeds?

Ok thanks :) Well I was thinking of getting it cut short so I thought this time ill give it to charity! So my hair dresser put it in a pony tail and cut off 10 inches lol :) Then i just sent it off to them! It made me feel better about cutting my long locks off too :D x

Still finding this abit odd and i mean this is the nicest way possible... Why would they want your hair? :S am i missing something lol x

Still finding this abit odd and i mean this is the nicest way possible... Why would they want your hair? :S am i missing something lol x

To make wigs for little kiddies that have lost their hair! x

Hello, I started my own business when I was 21 I got my own salon and it was the princes trust that helped me aswell as family.
If you know what you really want they can help you.
They gave me a grant which i am currently paying back every month.
but before I was given the grant I had to go on a weeks course (free) which involves a HMRC day, how to work out profit and loss, how to advertise properly to get people's attention. And a quick look on business plan.
Once the course is finished it is then down to you to sort your business plan out letting them know everything , where you see your self in 1 year 2 year an 3 year. What stock you currently own what you still need. Oh the list is endless.
After the plan is done you then go in for your grant, the course mentor sets it up and you go in a room of 3 people these people may be one of your mentors or just people you haven't met yet. You have to explain to them why your good enough for this grant what makes you better than others around you, then they decide if ya get it or not.
If you get it you are away to go so long as you have a business account set up for it to go in, they also set you up with a business mentor that either comes to your work or you meet them somewhere else n just discuss any troubles you might have.
It's worth looking into chick if your serious about doing it.
Think when I signed up ya had to be under 25 and working less that either 16 or 12hrs a week can't remember but I'm only 22 now so it can't have changed much.
I met prince Charles from it this February we had a good chat about what the trust does it opens a lot of doors x

Ohh I thought you meant Princess trust lol my bad :D thats probably why you are confused hehe sorry x

Hello, I started my own business when I was 21 I got my own salon and it was the princes trust that helped me aswell as family.
but before I was given the grant I had to go on a weeks course (free) which involves a HMRC day, how to work out profit and loss, how to advertise properly to get people's attention. And a quick look on business plan.
Once the course is finished it is then down to you to sort your business plan out letting them know everything , where you see your self in 1 year 2 year an 3 year. What stock you currently own what you still need. Oh the list is endless.
After the plan is done you then go in for your grant, the course mentor sets it up and you go in a room of 3 people these people may be one of your mentors or just people you haven't met yet. You have to explain to them why your good enough for this grant what makes you better than others around you, then they decide if ya get it or not.
If you get it you are away to go so long as you have a business account set up for it to go in, they also set you up with a business mentor that either comes to your work or you meet them somewhere else n just discuss any troubles you might have.
Think when I signed up ya had to be under 25 and working less that either 16 or 12hrs a week can't remember but I'm only 22 now so it can't have changed much.
I met prince Charles from it this February we had a good chat about what the trust does it opens a lot of doors x

Aw thanks hun, thats really helpfull ill look into it thanks! hows your salon doing now then hope all is well. x

Aw thanks hun, thats really helpfull ill look into it thanks! hows your salon doing now then hope all is well. x

It's going really well babe, I have my quiet days but everyone does I guess.
Good luck with your plans x x

What a terrific way to get started. Do they also help with developing a marketing plan? If not, you'll need a marketing plan to help you determine the products and services and promotional strategies you'll use to attract clients, increase sales etc. it will also help your case if you are ever looking for finance from a bank.

What a terrific way to get started. Do they also help with developing a marketing plan? If not, you'll need a marketing plan to help you determine the products and services and promotional strategies you'll use to attract clients, increase sales etc. it will also help your case if you are ever looking for finance from a bank.

They help you with all that yes! It was really interesting you come away with a lot of paperwork but worth keeping to look back on.
The course was 9 till 5 for a whole week so we covered a lot x x

Ohh I thought you meant Princess trust lol my bad :D thats probably why you are confused hehe sorry x

Haha never heard of the princess trust until now, definately why i was so confused! Good luck with your business plans xx

Hi

Good luck in starting your business - def get in touch with the princess trust!

All the best! :)

Haha never heard of the princess trust until now, definately why i was so confused! Good luck with your business plans xx

Lol sorry :) thank you x

I am making a appointment at the bank this week!
I want to open a tannng salon with a beauty room and spray tan room!
My sister has just signed the lease on her hand bag shop so that's a big motovation!

Latest posts

Back