SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Angelhair111

Reaction score
Hi all

I'm hoping to gain some insight from experienced, established hair extension techs.
After training in bonds 6+ years ago and solely fitting for friends/family, I've decided to try to branch out and make a living from hair extensions. I attended the LA weave course in March and did around around 10 "free fitting" clients to practice on. I've shadowed an extensionist for a week to pick up tips etc and been really active on social media trying to show my work and promote my business. It's been a really slow start and there's been many days where I've felt disheartened, but I've tried to remain positive as I understand these things take time. I've had around 6 full paying clients now over the past 4 weeks and was starting to feel like the "ball was rolling". But then the past 2 weeks, I've heard nothing. No enquiries or anything. I was feeling so positive a couple of weeks ago but now I'm worried it was just a flash in the pan. Is this normal when you start out? Does anyone have any tips for drumming up business? I'm not a qualified hairdresser and so don't already have a client base to promote to. I've just booked a nano ring course to expand my knowledge and to beable to offer different methods to potential customers. I guess I'm just feeling a little lost with it all at the moment. I'd love to hear from others that have been in this situation and are now successful. Thanks in advance guys xx

Hi lovlie.

I'm pretty much in the same boat even down to when I did my training too, it's a slow process building up clients, gaining clients trust and getting your name out there, keep promoting, use social media it's a free way to advertise. Some weeks I have a few customers, some weeks there's nothing but the question asking customers who never seem to actually book. Keep at it, I have to have a word with my self to not feel disheartened or down. Keep going. Do you have instagram, that's a good way to promote..

Sam x

Hi lovlie.

I'm pretty much in the same boat even down to when I did my training too, it's a slow process building up clients, gaining clients trust and getting your name out there, keep promoting, use social media it's a free way to advertise. Some weeks I have a few customers, some weeks there's nothing but the question asking customers who never seem to actually book. Keep at it, I have to have a word with my self to not feel disheartened or down. Keep going. Do you have instagram, that's a good way to promote..

Sam x

Thankyou so much hun, it's hard isn't it. Yes I'm on instagram and try to post regularly. I wanted to do a paid promo on there but I'm having issues linking my business page on fbook to my insta account so haven't been able to do that. I think i need to do as you do and have a little word with myself to remain positive. Xxx

I found it easier to link it on the Facebook page rather than instagram, download the Facebook pages app, it's easier to use it that way. Follow me if you want and I'll follow you back and try and help you if I can. I'm all for helping each other out. My ig name is dreamqueen_extensions x

I found it easier to link it on the Facebook page rather than instagram, download the Facebook pages app, it's easier to use it that way. Follow me if you want and I'll follow you back and try and help you if I can. I'm all for helping each other out. My ig name is dreamqueen_extensions x

Thanks for your reply hun, I'll follow you on insta. I've managed to link them ok and I've got a fbook page but whenever I click promote on insta it says I cant promote with the linked account. Thanks again lovely xx

Thanks for your reply hun, I'll follow you on insta. I've managed to link them ok and I've got a fbook page but whenever I click promote on insta it says I cant promote with the linked account. Thanks again lovely xx

What's your name on insta I'm make sure I follow you back. I do promotions on fb and it linked them both because They are joined.

Latest posts

Back