Starting a home salon

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bee11

Reaction score
Hi all [emoji177] I’m 23 and have always worked in admin in various businesses including the NHS, but I have always had an interest in all things hair and beauty, and am always being told I should work in that field because I love it and am good at it.

I have plans in the making to train up in a few different areas and start a home salon in my parents home where I currently live.

I want to train in Sienna X spray tans, waxing, intimate waxing, brow shaping (waxing or threading), brow lamination, lash and brow tinting and lash tinting. I might like to go on to train in gels and gel extensions in the future, and even acrylics once I had the experience.

I’m not sure whether to just start off offering Sienna X spray tans and see how it goes or to train in a few different things to attract more customers?

Also I’m not sure how popular spray tans are with people, I live near Birmingham so a highly populated area, but I’m not sure how much custom I’d get for spray tans - is there anyone who offers this and can let me know roughly how much interest you get for it?

Or what are your most popular treatments that you would suggest for someone starting off?

And help/advice would be much appreciated, it’s a dream I’ve had for a long time and want to take the plunge to get it up and running before getting married and moving out (Summer 2021). Also, how long would you budget for the business to have enough custom to be your sole source of income?

I want to take my time training and practising on friends and family before I even attempt to go public so I’m trying to build a little timeline for myself! Thank you xxx

Latest posts

Back