Starting a home salon

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mgeek3

Reaction score
I need to know what I need ( besides licenses ,I already have 4)to start a salon at home??Oh and not the equipment either......:eek:

I need to know what I need ( besides licenses ,I already have 4)to start a salon at home??Oh and not the equipment either......:eek:

Hi there, the 1st thing you will need is Planning Permission. If your premises have never been used before for as a Business then this is a must. Unfortunately this sometimes can be a lengthy process due to the 'Red tape' certain Council's put in the way - Good luck!

Something else I would seriously consider is checking what exactly you have Electrics wise. Its still common that many Homes in the UK have old circuits and such like, which really is no good for you in what you are trying to achieve. If you are in this position then I would seriously suggest you get in a Electrician and get them to give you a quote for a new RCD (Residual Current Device) unit.
You see Water and Electricity never seems to want to mix - Here are some more guidelines to what I am saying:
http://www.greenbrook.co.uk/pdf/pbcatpg23-24.pdf

If there's anything else I think of then I will come back to you.

Thanks for the input.
I am in the US though........so I know I have to have seperate entrance but it isn't going to be attatched to the house....

Doh, apologies for that. That was pretty pointless really, sorry. Good luck anyway!

Latest posts

Back