Starting a mobile beauty business

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kerry1992

Reaction score
I have just qualified as a beauty therapist and worked in a salon and got let down and I am wanting to start my own mobile beauty has any one got anytips on this matter

thanks for reading.

I don't really know what sort of tips you looking for Hun, my advice.... Do it :) x

I just wondering should I start off small and whats the best way to get my clients for the first treatment :) x

Do a business plan, work out which treatments are money earners - do a cost per service for each and work out what your hourly rate is.

Get a website, try weebly or yola. Get a facebook page. Get friends and family to recommend you and explain one free treatment per recommendation.

Visit Lynne's thread on how to promote your business for a million ideas on how to get customers.xx

Hi from a fellow geordie, firstly I take it you drive, do you have a website? What treatments do you offer? Do you need a steady income?

Facebook is a fab way to advertise, I get all of my business from Facebook and word of mouth. It's up to you what you offer, if you want to offer a popular treatment like tanning, nails, lashes or waxing first off and then give your price list to all of your clients to advertise other treatments you offer, or you could just advertise all of your treatments on Facebook so everyone knows what you have to offer. This will also depend on if you already have everything to start up? If not, can you afford to set up for every single treatment at once? Or do you want to focus on one treatment at a time to get you some money to buy other stuff?
Also, do an introductory off to get people interested :) good luck hun xxx

Hi, I did mobile beauty for 7 years and built a great client base. A few general tips. Most of my business was the basic stuff, such as mans/peds, wax, ect. Keep up to date in your field as your clients like to think you really are as good as any salon, but also 'over spend on lots of equipment and products.Keep products minimal - a good multipurpose range is great, I used Eve Taylor and that was excellent. Using Gelish/shellac and spray tanning was popular for me but ask your clients what they want before you spend out. organise and promote the times you are working and keep to them. Get yourself a mobile card machine (not essential straight away but very helpful) and a website. It will take time to build but word of mouth and social media is great. Create offers for friends and groups who have treatments as this helps your time and money. Good reliable Mobile therapists area in demand at the moment. Any more questions I am happy to help.

Hey all im a fellow geordie too :)

I started to drum up business from facebook & twitter!

Ill subscribe to this to see if i can pick any tips up because im brand new too!

Follow us on twitter : @shahildarb

www.facebook.com/shahildarboutique

Latest posts

Back