Starting a mobile business check list?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hey I am just looking for a bit of advice. I’m going to start doing a few nights of mobile beauty and tanning around my other job once everything opens up and just want to make sure I haven’t missed anything out!
I have all the products , relevant training and experience and insurance so that side of things I’m comfortable with however do I have to register it as a business ...what do I do about tax? That side is overwhelming me tbh. I only expect to be earning maybe 100 a week as I only have two nights a week to work on this until hopefully it takes off and I can take the plunge and quit for other job.
thanks for any advice xx

You need to visit the HMRC website for advice. You will need to complete a tax return which will detail your earning for the year, this will be everything you earn whether it's your mobile beauty business or any other job (if it's a job where you are employed and pay tax via PAYE, or other Self employed work). All your earnings need to be declared, then allowances deducted, then the tax you have paid via PAYE (if that's how you pay tax on your other job).

The HMRC website is the best place to get the most up-to-date and clearest information. They have help pages that explain how those who have to income streams need to complete their returns paperwork

Latest posts

Back