Starting a sunbed business?

Deb121

New Business
Can anyone give me advice on the success of a Sunbed Salon?

Zoey92

Good sunbed/shower tubes. Cleanliness.
Renew tubes every year.
Good variety of tingle/bronzer & accelerator creams.
There is a legal requirement of the strength of the tubes, which council do spot checks.
Strictly over 18s obviously.

Deb121

New Business
Thank you

I may be completely wrong but I thought I heard something recently that the government were looking to ban sunbeds, like I said I may have dreamed it ‍♀️x

Zoey92

Pretty easy and basic really. Keep it to a good standard people will return.

Zoey92

I may be completely wrong but I thought I heard something recently that the government were looking to ban sunbeds, like I said I may have dreamed it ‍♀️x
There's a man from Austrailia who is trying to get shops banned in the UK. I Will say he was successful in doing this in Austrailia.

Tubes are changed every 500 hours not year. No need for showers clients wouldn’t use them. No one is banning anything. I have s few sunbed shops, I have 4 beds in each salon but I also have a beautician x

Tjo

There's a man from Austrailia who is trying to get shops banned in the UK. I Will say he was successful in doing this in Austrailia.
How come they ban sub-beds but smoking and drinking ( that both kill 1000 of people every year) is perfectly ok, don’t really understand this word

Zoey92

Tubes are changed every 500 hours not year. No need for showers clients wouldn’t use them. No one is banning anything. I have s few sunbed shops, I have 4 beds in each salon but I also have a beautician x
I said he's "trying" to. He was all over the news about a month ago.

Thanks for that Zoe, was starting to think I’d imagined it lol x

Deb121

New Business
Thanks .. I will look this up

Deb121

New Business
I have had a look and the legislations have been put into place to ban under 18 and unstaffed sunbeds .

They are already banned . Under 18 s have not been allowed in beds for over 4 years

I have also never come across an unmanned salon in my years of owning them

Deb121

New Business
Yes .. but I was looking to see if sunbeds were going to be banned full stop..

Deb121

New Business
Me neither but that’s what I read..

I don’t believe they will ever be banned. We have safer tubes and it’s very hard to get a license now. Question is do you have at least £40,000 to set one up ? Even cheapest beds are 10,000

Deb121

New Business
I have the money but I was thinking of leasing sunbeds at first to see how it goes..

I worked in a salon which had 1 stand up machine, it was very busy with clients! I also live near a tanning shop which has a mixture of lie on beds as well as stand up machines so there must be a market for it.

Could you offer a spray tan too for people who are looking for an instant tan? Just an idea!!! As this is something I would pay for :)

Leah x

Deb121

New Business
Thank you Leah