Starting again and need advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey if you still want to do this, feel free to message me your number [emoji4]

Yeah fab! How do I message on here? Lol

Yeah fab! How do I message on here? Lol

If using the website, click on the persons name and select ‘Start Conversation’.

If using the App, click on the person’s name and select ‘Message’.

I will try and message you aswell!

I don't no how!

Yes, I moved over 400 miles away to somewhere where I only knew my other half. I started working from my spare room, which I have set up like a salon.

I advertised on all of the local groups and had flyers printed. I had them designed with high quality photographs of my work and then printed them at Vistaprint and them me, my OH and daughter traipsed every street in the town. I had a decent response to the flyers.

Because I work from home, I market on the fact that I am different to the other nail salons around here. I have plenty of free parking and can deliver a fully private service without the time constraints of a traditional salon.

I also had my son while I was in my first year, and I had my first client back when he was 5 days old. It was torture, I don't recommend it at all, but I felt that I had to keep my hard fought for clients.

Good luck, I love my job.

Ooo I would like to join the what’s app group. I’m re-starting next month after working 40+ hour weeks 5 months ago. Scary to think I might not get anyone back x

Im trying to start up and it's scary [emoji31][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Hello ![emoji4]

Has anyone got my pms?

I felt I needed to reply to this. I did nails when I was 17 I loved it. I fell pregnant at 19. And due to my daughter getting type 1 diabetes at 14 months old and her health being really bad. (Most of her childhood was spent in hospitals) when she was 4 I urmed and arhed for ages whenever to get back into it, but was put off due to lack of confidence. I bit the bullet and went back to college for 4 1/2 years. I got my first job in a salon last year.. it didn’t end to well but I got another job working in a walk in service beauty bar in sainsburys which I love. In reply to your post- make the move and do it! Honestly if I hadn’t gone back I would of regretted it! My dream eventually would be to do a nail room and have people come over- but at the moment I’m focusing on building my confidence and skills up, plus my current house isn’t very big so I don’t have the room x

I am currently starting to retrain after quitting college 16 years ago (I was a silly teen) so reading this thread has been useful as I plan on very slowly but surly learning everything and having my own home salon, so thank you ladies xx

Latest posts

Back