Starting again

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beautifulnails1

Reaction score
Hi everyone.
I qualified in bio sculpture years ago but stopped doing them due to too much competition in area and married to the army it was difficult to keep consistent clients. I have recently lost my husband to cancer and have been signed off work. A job I loved in travel industry however my kids need me more as expected. I can't face work again and am thinking of restarting nails. Being out of the loop should I retrain and with whom.. or what is the best way.
I will be doing this from home and also thinking of offering other services. Can anyone recommend any?

So sorry about your loss. I think it's brave to jump back into this industry.
As for the training that's a good idea. You will get a new sense of confidence in your services, and get up to speed about whatever system you decide to use. I don't know about your budget for this, or how long you could see yourself in training again. If you know what type of service you want to offer, then you could look into brand specific training. For example if you know you would like to offer either gel or acrylic, check out the reputable brands that offer training in one of these systems (like CND, NSI, Young Nails etc) and see if they offer training within a distance and budget that you are comfortable with. You'd get all the products needed in such a course, normally. If you'll be doing this from home make sure to have a ventilated room, as well. Also consider the strong odour from acrylic monomer - if the smell bothers you, perhaps consider gel. I find that the CND acrylic is particularly naseating to me, but Gel is of course odourless. Good luck!

Latest posts

Back