starting beauty course

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarah21

Reaction score
hi everyone im starting my first beauty course in september im 23 i have no other formal qualfications as i hated school so left early to have my son, now the days are getting close to when i start less than two weeks im really nervous i fell sick to my stomach and feel like crying that im so scared to go as im on my own i know noone and i know that im the oldest as ive asked there all 16-18 which im a bit nervous about as they can be really bitchy i just feel like im on my own as im doing this by my self has anyone else ever felt like this as i really feel like not going and just cancel it

I'm sure you'll be fine..... I doubt all the 16-18 year olds will know each other - they'll be as nervous as you are...... Please don't cancel it if it's something you really want to do. I thought I'd be the oldest on my Creative Foundation course (I was 34) and I wasn't.....!!

Go along, smile and see if you enjoy it.....:hug:

hth's

I was really nervous before I started my course, I think everyone else was too!!:lol:

But honestly, please don't panic.:hug: Once you're there and meeting everyone else you'll be fine. It's something new for you all and your tutor will know how to put you all at ease.

For what it's worth my NVQ2 year was huge fun and I made some lovely friends too.

hi ,please dont worry i was the same when i started doing the course but its like the first day at a new job i think everyones nervous some more than others :rolleyes:,anyway il be starting a new course soon and im really nervous about it as im thinking il be the oldest student there but once u start ur course they`ll be no stopping u ,go for it ,its all worth it in the end :hug:.Good luck let us know how u get on :)

Dont worry, Im sure evry one will feel the same in your class just look forward and enjoy it after your first lesson you will want to go back for more.

Good luck let us know how it goes!

Laura xxxxxx

HI PLEASE don't give in before you've started, you've already taken the first and largest steps towards a new life by enrolling. Think of your age as a positive attribute:) learning is a life long skill we all participate in one form or another. You will make new friends, you will learn new skills and you will succeed if you want it enough.On a personal note I'm going back this September for my second year and I'm 39:eek: and loveing every minute of it. :idea: Please remember your age is a number it is not who you are. GOOD LUCK AND ENJOY

HI PLEASE don't give in before you've started, you've already taken the first and largest steps towards a new life by enrolling. Think of your age as a positive attribute:) learning is a life long skill we all participate in one form or another. You will make new friends, you will learn new skills and you will succeed if you want it enough.On a personal note I'm going back this September for my second year and I'm 39:eek: and loveing every minute of it. :idea: Please remember your age is a number it is not who you are. GOOD LUCK AND ENJOY

I absolutely agree with this. I always get really nervous before doing anything new. I've just done a one-day training course and I had to do a trial run to the place a few days before to make sure I knew exactly where it was!

As swizzel says, your age will be an advantage to you, you have more life skills, and having enrolled as a mature student, you are probably pretty damn sure that this is what you REALLY want to do, rather than just something to do for the sake of it (which is what some of the younger girls will be doing). Therefore you will take it more seriously and probably be a lot better at it. I was 27 when I went to college to train as a beauty therapist by the way.

Just relax and be yourself, and you'll soon find that you settle in. Once you start to practice on each other the barriers (age or whatever else) tend to disappear anyway.

Good luck with the course. You'll really enjoy it, you have to be brave and remember the reasons why you enrolled in the first place. If you still feel really panicky about it, why not phone and speak to one of the tutors? I'm sure they will have come across this before with other students.

yo hun, i started beauty at age 23 and all the younger girls were all really willing to make friends...even more so if ure older, bit more respect...enjoy yourself chick, i did, it was my saviour!!!!:) xxxx

Latest posts

Back