Starting business at home

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stela

Reaction score
Hello everyone
I am a qualified nail technician and i am working for more than 3 years now.
I moved to London 9 months ago and i was thinking to start my own business at home but i dont know if it's legal to start doing nails at home without a license from the council or something i dont know what I have to do so if gou could please brighten me with some help it would be nice!!!

A few pointers to get you started...

1. Unless you own your home outright, you’ll need permission from either your mortgage provider or your landlord to use a part of your home for your business.
2. Check with your local council whether there are any local bylaws that might apply. Every council is different and some are more strict than others, particularly around London.
3. House insurance. Besides having public liability insurance for the business, you’ll need to contact your home insurer to advise them of the change of use of part of your premises.
4. Register with HMRC when you start your business, if you’re not currently self employed.

5. It’s likely that additional health & safety guidelines will be issued for hair/nails/beauty therapists working from home whilst the pandemic is still raging. Any information that emerges will be posted in this form and discussed in detail, so keep checking in regularly.

Hope this helps?

Latest posts

Back