Starting college in April..which make up..

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LoubyLou282

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

I am due to start college in April. I will be be studying the VTCT Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Beauty Therapy Make up. I have been asked to supply my own make up and kit and they have given the website 'www.collegekitsdirect.com'.

My question is what kit would you recommend? It doesn't have to be from that site either Im looking for what people have worked with before too.

Can anyone help with this?

if you want to contact me, I can suggest a makeup range for you?

Sue

my advice would be that if u can afford to not get one of these 'college kits' then dont because be sure the moment u leave college it will be in the bin as they are no way near of a standard to charge for and wont showcase ur hardwork! if u google salon based make up brands u should get a few hits and then go from there. we use bare minerals at our salon and it is hugely popular hth xx

Hi Geeks,

I am due to start college in April. I will be be studying the VTCT Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Beauty Therapy Make up. I have been asked to supply my own make up and kit and they have given the website 'www.collegekitsdirect.com'.

My question is what kit would you recommend? It doesn't have to be from that site either Im looking for what people have worked with before too.

Hi,

Artdeco do subsidised college kits that we do supply to a number of more discerning colleges across the UK. I say discerning because it means the students will be paying more and the lecturers have taken time to understand the difference. It means the lecturers have given some thought towards your makeup use outside of college. You can tick the boxes with one of these bags of 29.99 rubbish many college "recommend" from a cash 'n' carry but you can't use it professionally unless you want a short career. :biggrin:

We guarantee that the student kit, if looked after will become the basis for your ongoing professional kit. One real test is if your college kit gets used by yourself to get glammed up to go out?

It is worth the extra if you are serious about what you use on your clients skin and your own?

Check it out with Ashleigh or Hayley for the subsideised college kits on 0151 421 1234

Good luck xxx

Last edited:
We use Art Deco in our courses and think its really great to work with and there starter kit is worth the money x

Latest posts

Back