Starting college in September!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chezzababy

Reaction score
So am not counting down the months much! Hehe I am very excited to start the course, I feel I could be reading up on things just to "get me into it" before I start, don't get me wrong I learn loads of here but are there any books, sites etc that could help??

Thanx in advance!

xxx

Hi

Good luck! Im doing my NVQ level 2 part time (2 evenings a week) in Sept and I cant wait either! I know what you mean tho I want to be doing something similar reading up etc

xx

Hi

Good luck! Im doing my NVQ level 2 part time (2 evenings a week) in Sept and I cant wait either! I know what you mean tho I want to be doing something similar reading up etc

xx

Hello

Am starting off in level 2 too!! We might be able to help each other on here. Just wish there was something we could read up on. Am so eager to start, I honestly can't wait

I've just finished my level 2, my advice to you all would be to read up on anatomy and physiology, you will study the structure of the skin, bones and muscles, mainly in the areas you would be working on in level 2, so face (lots to learn here) arms and legs, hands and feet. The lymphatic system and circulatory system!
Also worth reading up on skin types and conditions and contra indications to different treatments.
It all really depends on what unit your tutor starts you with really, a&p is deffo worth knowing first though it helps everything else in theory and practical fall into place,
Hope I haven't put any of you off!! Lol
Michelle xx

Sorry I forgot to add I am doing nvq 2 hairdressing!

Still be good to touch base see how each other are doing!

I've just finished my level 2, my advice to you all would be to read up on anatomy and physiology, you will study the structure of the skin, bones and muscles, mainly in the areas you would be working on in level 2, so face (lots to learn here) arms and legs, hands and feet. The lymphatic system and circulatory system!
Also worth reading up on skin types and conditions and contra indications to different treatments.
It all really depends on what unit your tutor starts you with really, a&p is deffo worth knowing first though it helps everything else in theory and practical fall into place,
Hope I haven't put any of you off!! Lol
Michelle xx

Hey thank you so much that's helped loads, not put me off at all. So so excited about starting!

xxx

Sorry I forgot to add I am doing nvq 2 hairdressing!

Still be good to touch base see how each other are doing!

Yeah it sure will, good luck with it.

xxx

Really great book by Francesca Gould would be worth a look

I have also just finished my NVQ level 2 and everything Michelle says to look at is correct, I wish somebody had told me to look at these things, total shock to the system when I started! I am starting my level 3 in september so totally with you on the nervous/excitedness! Just relax and be yourself and you'll do great its all about practice practice practice and then the confidence will come
xxx

Ooh I forgot nail conditions and diseases!! They all sound similar so took a little while to sink in for me! ;-) lol x

Beauty Therapy, The Foundations by Lorraine Nordmann is a very necessary read.

It is likely that you will be asked to buy this book at some point in your learning anyway due to it being a very popular text. It contains lots of photos and contains pretty much everything you will need to get you through your theory and more.

It's worth the money and people often sell their copy on ebay when they've done with it if you're shopping on a budget (mine ain't getting ebayed coz it's a good read lol)

Ladies thank you so much, I definitely be looking for the books, just want to read something before I go to college, I really am so excited

Thanks again

xxx

I got mine as part of my kit so might be worth checking your local library to see if they can order you in a copy xx

Latest posts

Back