starting in a salon on Friday

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

butterflys

Reaction score
Hi lady's

Starting in a salon on Friday and I am bricking it. I have only got one client booked in, so I hope that this way I will get more clientelle.

I am also looking forward to working from a salon, meeting new people.

The owner said that in 3 months I would have a full client list, I think that this is unrealistic, what do you think?

I will only be working on Fridays and Saturday's and the town I live in is small and every other shop is a salon/hairdressers.

I think that I am feeling like this because I have been working from home without any joy on a client list.

The clients that I do have keep on coming back and say that my work is great, but I am down as I haven't got a client list that I would love.

good luck mate!!
i started off in a salon with no client list , one day i would have one client, then nothing for a week, then one more client booked in, then another, then quiet for a week and so on and so on, now two yrs on, i dont take anymore clients ,my list is full, i do work full time, but it is honestly the best thing i have ever ever done,
i love working there and have made some great friends, have some clients i love some i hate, but heh??!!

grab it with both hands im sure you will be great and that list will build up slowly,
let us know how it goes
big hugs to you xxx

try not to build rome in a day!
sit back, and try and enjoy it!

I've been in my new room - third month coming up. I've only NOT covered the rent 2 weeks out of nearly 12 so thats not bad. I'm prepared to give it months - 1 year and I would expect to have more than 2 clients a week by then.
This week I had 1 today and I have 1 on Friday.

Good luck hun. I started off with a client list of 0 originally but I managed to build on it and soon had loads of regulars but 3 months may be a bit optimistic.
Take the time when you haven't got clients to practice your techniques and read up on all your nail books x

Last edited:
best of luck petal! x

Hi,
I was the same as you, I made sure all clients filled out a client consultation card. That built up a data base for my clients, it took a few months. But when it came to Christmas, they were all pleased to receive a card, with a 20% voucher to use during Jan & Feb, which are known to be the quiet months, this has kept me going. I am now leaving the salon, not decided yet on home or mobile salon, but I am taking my client list with me. They are my clients, it was not open as a beauty and nail bar when I took over the rooms. If when the salon owner re lets the rooms, some may go back there, but I feel most will stay with me. Good luck, hope you are happy in your salon. Lotsa luv x:hug::hug:

Hi,
I was the same as you, I made sure all clients filled out a client consultation card. That built up a data base for my clients, it took a few months. But when it came to Christmas, they were all pleased to receive a card, with a 20% voucher to use during Jan & Feb, which are known to be the quiet months, this has kept me going. I am now leaving the salon, not decided yet on home or mobile saln, but I am taking my client list with me. They are mine. If when the salon owner re lets the room, some may go back, but I feel most will stay with me. Good luck, hope you are happy in your salon. Lotsa luv x:hug::hug:

Latest posts

Back