Starting in your own salon?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ABDiva

Reaction score
I have been mobile for almost 10 years and have recently been diagnosed with osterioarthritis and fibromyalgia

My doctor said working mobile will not be helping me at all!

So im looking in to opening my own salon - but i really dont know where to start!

There are lots of shops to rent in my area but i could really do with some advice on where to start

Thanks

There are probably better people out there to advice you on this directly but I can share an observation I have laid working on many different salons over the years (I’m not a salon owner)

What you should have is a clear business plan, all your financials planned out and your mission statement in order to hit the ground running and build from this quick. So many new salon owners open with just the thought of having their own salon and don’t think about how to differentiate them self’s from all of the competition.

Also consider the five year rule, it’s where you plan your financials around a five year plan that lets you get rid of heavy loans and slow down a bit after 5 years so you can focus on growing and maybe expanding. Most salon owners don’t set to many goals and just want to get going and end up facing unstable incomes for them self as a result.

Also considering that you have these diagnoses means you need to also take care of yourself and be mindful of how you work I would imagine so having a solid plan is even more important.

Seek out a financial adviser or business coach, someone you look up to in your community perhaps that runs a successful business and see if they can help you and coach you thru.

I am so exited that you want to start your own salon and I really hope you get the salon of your dreams, just remember to take care of yourself and also don’t be afraid to seek outside help before jumping ahead.

Good luck [emoji4]

Thank you so much for your kind words and advice i will certainly be looking in to all this
X

Latest posts

Back