Starting mobile spray tanning

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Telefang

Reaction score
Hello Salon Geeks!

I've been using this forum for research often and I'd like to say a big thanks to all the professionals here who are so full of great advice! You're a wonderful community and hope I can become part of it in the coming future! :)

Currently I'm visiting the U.K for a few months to see relatives, although I live abroad in Eastern Europe.

Funnily enough (and fortunately for me!) there is no spray tanning in this country so I've decided to uptake a course in the art and invest my hard earned money in a mobile tanning kit, which I am 100% sure will be a huge hit (especially knowing Eastern European girls!) and plus I won't have any competition so you can imagine also why I'm adamant about going forward in this business! :)

I've had spray tans, but am relatively new when it comes to the gear required and pricing etc... For now I'm only looking to start a small mobile business, see how it goes, and then go on up from there so I'd like my initial investment to be small, just for start ups, and then if it gets popular I will defo be investing the money in more advanced equipment!

I probably won't be wanting to spend more than 300 GBP on the inital investment, because I'll be upgrading as I go! :o

So, I have a few questions, I'm wondering if you wonderful people would be willing to answer for me!

1. A complete list of equipment and machines that I'll need for a small startup mobile spray tanning business, and what type?

2. Recommendations on which brands to use, I've heard Solglo and Sienna-X are great, St. Tropez seems very $$$ for my budget at the moment!

I'll definitely be having some more questions, so I'll be using this thread to keep track! And for you guys to keep track of my progress too!

Thanks again!

-S

P.S: Hope I've posted this in the right area! Forgive me if not!

Nouvatan do a great package with everything u need and training. Have a look at their website. X

Hi :) you can buy a kit (probably just alittle over your budget) with gun & tent, you will then need... Record cards, sticky feet, disposable knickers, barrier cream, disposable shower caps, an extension lead, & your chosen solution. Try nouvatan's website xx

I use suntana and sienna. Got my kit from la tan very reasonable price with plenty to start mobile tanning including 4 litres of solution. It was less than your budget I am sure. X

Thanks for the many helpful responses guys! :)

I've taken your suggestions into account, and so far think I will be going for Nouvatan (Guild Accredited Spray Tan Training Course free nationwide with the TS50 Kit) since I've heard so many good reviews, I'll also be taking their accredited training session!

My only issue is that since I'll be working abroad, is it possible for me to order their tanning solutions and for them to ship abroad (Eastern Europe) when I run out?

Also, do I need to purchase all % tanning solutions, or should I start off with 8% 10% 12%? This'll be the first time the people there have used spray tanning, so keep that in mind!

Will probably get my kit in a week or two!

U can stock whatever % u need but remember u can mix Nouvatan. I keep 8 12 and 20 as I can then mix 10 14 and 16 so have all the options but don't have to keep too many bottles in stock.

Thats a great idea to mix solutions to save on stock :) just mix them 50/50. Call nouvatan tomorrow see if they ship abroad as I don't know. Good luck xx

Hi, I have just got the LA Tanning starter Kit, I was going to get it off their website until I saw that they themselves were selling a better kit with more Solutions on Amazon with Free Delivery it includes a great mix of solutions to get you started, the only thing it does not come with is the Tent but you can get a decent one on Amazon, LA Tan has had some great reviews on here so I felt confident to go with it here is the link : http://www.amazon.co.uk/Spray-Lates...1368962579&sr=1-2&keywords=LA+Tanning+Company

• FREE SHIPPING
  • Latest Earlex Maxi Compact TS20 unit, upgrade from TS10 unit
  • Full range of Award Winning LA Tanning Solution (7 Bottles), Plus Barrier Cream
  • Disposable Caps And G Strings. Sticky Feet-Full Foam Stick- NOT Cardboard

Last edited:
Hi, I have just got the LA Tanning starter Kit, I was going to get it off their website until I saw that they themselves were selling a better kit with more Solutions on Amazon with Free Delivery it includes a great mix of solutions to get you started, the only thing it does not come with is the Tent but you can get a decent one on Amazon, LA Tan has had some great reviews on here so I felt confident to go with it here is the link : Spray Tan Kit, Latest TS20 Unit, Solution, Disposables, Barrier Cream: Amazon.co.uk: Beauty

• FREE SHIPPING
  • Full range of Award Winning LA Tanning Solution (7 Bottles), Plus Barrier Cream

Wow! This sure is good value for your money! 44% off and all those extras, plus I can add on the training and tent afterwatds and still turns up cheaper thn Nouvatan, killer VAT there!! 420 GBP is almost double the price range I'm searching for and appears LA Tanning is just as good, what are the differences between colours?

Thanks!

I know it is amazing value and was delivered the next day free (and as you say no vat on top !)
As for the Solutions they are in different strengths/shades and it also included the 18% Disco and the Fast Tan.
It is Fab :D

I know it is amazing value and was delivered the next day free (and as you say no vat on top !)
As for the Solutions they are in different strengths/shades and it also included the 18% Disco and the Fast Tan.
It is Fab :D

I second this I bought my kit through LA Tan fantastic value and customer service. I have stayed a true user of their solutions all my clients are in love with the colours. I'm getting busier and busier and I'd say 80% of my custom is from word of mouth about how natural the tan is xx

U can stock whatever % u need but remember u can mix Nouvatan. I keep 8 12 and 20 as I can then mix 10 14 and 16 so have all the options but don't have to keep too many bottles in stock.

Hi I also use nouvatan and love it. Can you explain further what you mean by changing the % by mixing 50/50? As I not sure how you get say 14% Thank you, sorry if I sound stupid
icon_redface.gif
I also keep 8, 10, 12 and 20 x

Just think about half of each, so half 20 is 10 plus half 8 is 4 so 50% of each is 10+4. Same as if u use half 20 and half 12 u get 16 and half 8 and half 12 u get 10. U only need to keep 8 12 and 20 because u can make 14 16 and 10 out of them. If u keep empty bottles u can mix and label the bottles. Hope this helps. X

Thank you for your reply :) x

Hi, I have just got the LA Tanning starter Kit, I was going to get it off their website until I saw that they themselves were selling a better kit with more Solutions on Amazon with Free Delivery it includes a great mix of solutions to get you started, the only thing it does not come with is the Tent but you can get a decent one on Amazon, LA Tan has had some great reviews on here so I felt confident to go with it here is the link : Spray Tan Kit, Latest TS20 Unit, Solution, Disposables, Barrier Cream: Amazon.co.uk: Beauty

• FREE SHIPPING

That does look a good deal, but I have noticed the bottle design is different to the design on the LA tanning website, so is this deal officially LA Tanning?

Hello everyone!

Well found a great deal for a NOUVATAN so will be arriving next week! I am very excited to finally have taken my first step into the world of spray tanning! Will be booking my Nouvatan training soon!

Am also considering getting an LA TANNING bottle as is buy1get1free!!

Wish me luck! :-D

Sent from my R800i using SalonGeek

Thank you all!

My kit arrived and I am VERY pleased and excited!

First time I turned the compressor on I turned it straight off, I thought it was gonna explode!! Gosh, it is rather loud, so much for "not shouting" hehe jumped straight outta my skin!

I tested the helia gun and its settings, and sprayed my leg for a test run with abit of 12% solution.. Then got reminded I'm off with friends to the sauna tomorrow and OMG better wash this off! I only had it on half an hour yet my right leg is a nice beach shade (abit streaky LOL!) BUY nevertheless good for a first timer!

Today.. Testing the tent, found a video.. CLICK open.. Fair enough! Closing... Uh oh!! I folded and twisted and turned and even got a smack in the face by my new tent lol, tried some videos online which didn't help at all! Then found Dawn from Nouvatans folding video which saved my life and was done in a jiffy!! No more tent slaps here!

Thanks so much everyone for your appreciation and support, I'll try post some image of my new 30 min leg! Ha!

Thanks again! :-D

Sent from my R800i using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back