Starting mobile - what colour Gelish to get

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heidi 101

Reaction score
Hi Salon geeks, I'm booked to do training with nail harmony,and will be doing mani, pedi and gelish in a few weeks time and have been looking at what colours to start of with and how many.

i keep looking at the colours online but just can't decide what to order as I pick the colours I like but I have to choose what clients are likely to pick which I wouldn't. Please could you let me know by your experience what colours are used most and how many I should get?

Also going with All that jazz polish and not sure how much polish I should order.

Thanks

My most popular summer colours last year were Brights Have More Fun and I'm Brighter Than You. Pink smoothie, Gossip Girl, Light Elegant, Hot Rod Red, Black Cherry Berry and She's My Beauty and are always popular all year round, then of course your colours for French [emoji5]️ x

Thank you that's a great help

Will be going mobile part time as I have a part time office job at moment which I plan to keep for regular income but will leave once little girl goes to school and hopefully by then (a years time) I will have a good client base.

My most popular summer colours last year were Brights Have More Fun and I'm Brighter Than You. Pink smoothie, Gossip Girl, Light Elegant, Hot Rod Red, Black Cherry Berry and She's My Beauty and are always popular all year round, then of course your colours for French [emoji5]️ x

This is very similar to my predicament! I can't decide on colours to save my life! I've been on Pinterest, to check out the latest trends to give me some inspiration.

I replied to a similar post I will see if I can paste it onto here regarding colour selection. I have just bought all of mine (I have gone with ACG, however I think they are made by the same company as Gelish). I bought a couple of colours to try before investing in lots of gel polishes to make sure I liked them and my key tip is look at the colours in the bottle! The swatches are not very accurate and online your screen settings can alter the colour. Sally's stock them and in my local one the girls had no problem letting me look at the actual polish.

Personally I found it much more fun looking in the shop, I love beauty shopping and picking out colours was a great way to quash my shopping need (no retail therapy while setting up my new business!)

Good luck

Ok I couldn't figure out how to link so have just copied my original post:

Hi, I'm just starting out too. I have gone with a different brand, but instead of choosing exact colours I worked out what I needed, for example a couple of shades of red, gold and silver glitters, several light colours and pastels etc. Yesterday I did my colour swatches and now I can see what I think is missing.

I also checked all the actual colours of the gel polish before I bought them to make sure I didn't have anything too similar.

Then when I start I will ask clients what other colours they would like to see. No point buying colours if they won't appeal to clients.

Good luck!

Thanks Karina B, info really helpful, I too am finding its been my retail therapy lately - not been looking at anything else to buy - it's all nails nails nails lol

Finding it a bit frightening what the set up cost is though and I keep questioning myself if I'm doing the right thing and whether I will be good enough as parting with a lot of money to start off But I've been wanting to do this for years.

Thanks Karina B, info really helpful, I too am finding its been my retail therapy lately - not been looking at anything else to buy - it's all nails nails nails lol

Finding it a bit frightening what the set up cost is though and I keep questioning myself if I'm doing the right thing and whether I will be good enough as parting with a lot of money to start off But I've been wanting to do this for years.

It is really scary going out into the big unknown. It is my husband who keeps telling me it will all be ok. Just keep talking to people, let them know your services.

Latest posts

Back