Starting my own beauty business, HELP!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rubydooby

Reaction score
hi guys, im starting my own business, renting out a room in a hair salon. Any suggestions anybody has would be greatly appreciated!! thanks x:)

Would love to offer advice but im still in training so i dont really have any, sorry:hug:.

But what i do want to say is congratulations on opening your own business, well done and im sure it will be fine.

Hopefully when i pass, or IF i pass, you will be an old pro by then i will be coming to you for advice :wink2:.

Good luck with everything, xxx

hi

what sort of advice are you looking for ?

I have just started renting a room above a hair salon and my biggest piece of advice would be to let people know you are there. It may sound obvious but even with advertising etc it's surprising how many people haven't a clue I'm there!

How about asking if you could put a board outside the salon on the pavement telling people you are there, letting people know offers, etc. :hug:

Get ready your new life has started make sure you have everthing in righting Explain to the other people in the shop what you do what you offer and maybe throw them a freebie they are going to be your best advertisment to the existing clients word of mouth. Make sure you full explain what the services you offer are. And most important enjoy this new adventure!! Smile it makes it alll easier!!!:)

I'm exactly in the same boat as you, I'm renting rooms above a hairdressers and opening on Nov 1st.
So far I have been over there for a day to get a feel for the place, see how noisy it is, etc, and gave all the hairdressers a free mini treatment.

I have put a few posters up around the village, got the drums working by telling a few people I know in the village to start spreading the word.

I'm having an open evening on Nov 1st for an hour and a half where people can come upstairs to meet me, book appointments, have a glass of wine and chat about the treatments. going to have a balloon raffle and give out info bags with leaflets, money off voucher some chocs and herbal teabags.

I have offered 15 goodie bags to the first 15 clients to book an appointment.

For Nov I am offering a 40 min Reiki treatment for £15 normal price £25 for 55 minutes.

Have 200 postcards to hand out next week with all of these details on.

At moment I am 300 miles away on holiday trying not to obsess about it!!!

also got 30 personalised balloons made up and will stick them up around the village and infront of the hairdressers.

the hairdressers have my appointment book to take appointments now and have got a pile of biz cards offering 10% with first appointment and will offer 10% off appointments booked on my open night.

have also asked 3 friends to pose as clients and get them to book for a free treatment.

first things first....welcome rubydooby to the geeky gang.... i run my bussiness from home so cant really give advise on that side but good luck hun in your opening xxxx:hug:

that look great remember to take a deposit so people dont just book to get the goodie bag then cancel the next day or dont turn up.

Best of luck to you both.

kind regards Catherine:)

My advice would be do plenty of advertising doesnt have to be costly you can print and deliver your own flyers maybe?

good luck:)

My advise is to avoid the sales reps like the plague,
it is amazing how many phone calls you will get from these people, learn to be firm and say NO thank you :hug:

they won't get the goody bag until the treatment is paid for. If they want the goody bag in advance then they will have to pay for the treatment in advance.

hello rubydoo

I am in same position as you...due to open on the 1st dec or there abouts above a hairdressers..except I have my own private door.

I am nervous about gaining clients as have zilch client base at the moment. I work in my village now but not as a therapist, so my plan is to offer a few local people...who work in local shops..free treatments i.e nails. as a good advert, word of mouth is always the best way to get clients.

The hairdressers below me is very new also and he has come here from another village however he is doing very well...better than he thought so this is encouraging.

I am going to have a launch party also for a few hours and send out specific invitations to guests.

I am trying to aim my business at people who want a private, relaxing treatment in a stylish, exclusive atmosphere. I won't be able to spend much time in the hair salon so I am also relying on them to spread the word to clients and hand my brochures over if someone wants one - this will work vice versur though as well.

all the best..just be proactive

my best advise is to speak to the customers in the hair salon as the hair salon already has the customers you just have to let them know you are there i did free file and polish for clients waiting in foils or if the hair dresser was held up for a few moments, and this is a great oppertunity to get new clients were you want them in your chair talking to you about what you do.

Latest posts

Back