Starting out in beauty advice?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miss_janie

Reaction score
Hi,
I've been working in a beauty salon for about a year now. To begin with, I didn't have any qualifications, so I made tea, swept the floors, you know general jobs. Because of this I was able to get a free NVQ level 2 course from the government.

I am now also doing my Level 3 and qualified to level 2, but still being paid the same amount of money (£60 a week) with added commission if I do enough treatments to hit this target.

I'm not really getting much help at work in the way of ideas to gain new clients (there are only two of us in the salon and the other girl is a bit of a cow, my boss owns another salon so mainly works there.) so may main question is, do you have any advice you could give? Also is it right to be qualified to this level, doing treatments on clients and still getting this much? I'm a bit confused by this and as this is the only salon I have worked in I don't know if it is meant to run differently.

Again any help or advice would be welcome!

Hey :)
I am just finishing my nvq level 3 beauty and I work in my colleges graduate salon two days a week i get 6.15 an hour and I get roughly £307 a month. Not sure if that helps, I dont get much help either and there are 5 of us :S its only because we are basically starting from the bottom, we have just got to work our way to the top :D xx

that was what I was thinking, but you'd think working in a salon someone would be willing to help you lol. I'm sure I'll get there in the end

You sure will :) just keep at it and do what you know, also you can get help and advice for anything on here :) just shout if you need me :D x

Thank you for the advice Lacey. Does anyone else have any in put?

Latest posts

Back