Starting out with Gels.......

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jude Hoskins

Reaction score
Hey,

I want to start offering a Gel Polish to my clients, i've been reseraching online and to be honest i'm totally confused............

There are just too many brands to choose from, i'd really appreciate any feedback from some who has used them.

Currently i'm thinking about Gelish, Gelicure, Artistic and Gellux. I've heard good and bad reports on all of them, just need some advice please :)

Do a search in forums for each brand. I'm sure there's a good amount of reviews for each. :)

I agree with Chickafish. The problem with asking questions like this, is that everyone uses different brands- so they will, naturally recommend the one they use as the best.

Even better is to narrow your choice down to one or two that you are most interested in, and have them applied at a salon. Then you can test them fully yourself in terms of application, wearability and removal.

A new system is an investment, so you want to research thoroughly and pick the correct one for you by seeing what it's actually like, and form your own opinion rather than rely solely on other people's x x

As Fee says, everyone has their own preferences so we can't really tell you what to choose since there isn't exactly "a best brand" out there, it really comes down to your own preferences.

Check out the threads and groups for each brands, read, read, read about the products, look at reviews, look at color variety for each brands, etc. And most importantly: Look for training! Depending where you live, maybe some brands aren't offered as training in your area. I couldn't find Shellac or Gelicure being offered anywhere close to where I live, so I went with Gelish and I love it. But I've heard many people loving on Gelicure and Shellac also. So really, a personal preferences that is different for everyone.

Thanks girls, I'll be reading all night lol........but definately want to get it right :)

Do they do sample kits? If they do maybe you could try each brand and decide for yourself, out of your list Gelish seems to be the most popular, but I think it seems quite expensive?

Latest posts

Back