Starting out

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SarahM89

Reaction score
Hello,

I’m after some advice, I’ve googled and googled and there is so much information and different courses!

I work part time for the nhs, and take care of my baby. I am wanting to start doing nails as a sideline from home or mobile.

I’m very limited with childcare so the best options are training from home for me. What are the best courses? Does anyone have any similar experiences they have had to get started up?

Also, what are the must do’s when setting up something like this ?

Any advice appreciated

Thank you

I have just done the gel extension and gel polish with Essential Nails, and still to complete mani and pedi. Im the same with small person attached to me so hence went with Essential Nails. They are accredited and once qualified you can get your insurance which is essential obviously. Good luck x

Exactly the same here. I have done a gel polish course. I would like acrylic under my belt but can't find a course. Not sure if home study is any good?

Exactly the same here. I have done a gel polish course. I would like acrylic under my belt but can't find a course. Not sure if home study is any good?
If you can go to a face to face training provider I would but for me Essential nails is great and if I get clients wanting acrylic I will do it through Essential Nails again.

That's good to know I am going to have a look at them now x

I highly recommend isle beauty and training, Jane comes to you and is an amazing trainer, she has a fb page and an Instagram too :) very reasonably priced also!

Hello,

I’m after some advice, I’ve googled and googled and there is so much information and different courses!

I work part time for the nhs, and take care of my baby. I am wanting to start doing nails as a sideline from home or mobile.

I’m very limited with childcare so the best options are training from home for me. What are the best courses? Does anyone have any similar experiences they have had to get started up?

Also, what are the must do’s when setting up something like this ?

Any advice appreciated

Thank you
Hazel Dixon's academy and Katie Barnes are amazing nail techs they travel or have educators near by maybe x

Latest posts

Back