Starting Out!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

waterbaby

Reaction score
Hi, my first message on this forum. I am just starting out in this business having set up at home and am trying to determine the best way to get hold of products. Am in the West Sussex area but can order online and need all the advise i can get on the best known gels, L&P etc that i can have delivered or find locally if anyone near this area.

Also need any pointers on what questions would be good to add to my forms on clients initial requirements and medical checks:eek: Thank you!!

Welcome,

there is a huge amount of information on here in the forms of articles, tutorials and previous threads.

Please spend a bit of time reading, you will soon become addicted LOL.

You dont say who you have trained with, surely this would be the place to get most of your supplies, gels, l&P etc. Also did they not cover client consultation forms?

Thanks for the heads up,

Trained with Essential Nails who did cover consultation forms but no "in-depth" info on what to inquire about.

As for products, theirs are ok but just looking around for price comparison really, will continue to search internet catalogues.

Cheers for your help.

Just want to say Hi...and good luck on starting out....:hug:

oh and well done for posting at last...hopefully you won't stop now you have started... :lol: xxx

its so true what the others are saying you do et hooked!!!!!
i have only just joined today and am already meeting new people and finding out things that i need to know.i work from home but want to set up shop in portugal.good luck to you hun.speak soon

If you are wanting to work with a recognized top quality product i.e. Creative, Ezflow, NSI etc it would be worth your while doing a conversion course,
they are not expensive and give you the opportunity of working with products that your clients with know and trust,
all companies will have some where close to you as they all have centres up and down the country hth

i just wanted to add

welcometo the geeks...where everyone is sooo helpfull xx:hug:

Cheers,

No i probably will find it hard to stop now. Point is, when to do some work - it is adddiiictiive!

Thanks for the vote of confidence.xx

Hi,

Thanks, that sounds like a great idea and i have started doing some research on that today. Have located some good products online now with rapid delivery so its all a good learning curve!

Cheers. x

Yeah you do, if i could get paid for it i'd just do this all day!

great to hear from other home workers, it can be daunting with no-one to bounce ideas off so this website is a blessing!

Actually thinkin i might move things abroad one day too so good luck with that, sounds fantastic. Hope all goes well if you take the step.

Take care.x

hi
i am in brighton as well. you can get supplies from capital hair and beauty in hove. also sallys in western road and george street in hove. capital is a wholesalers so you need to be trade. sallys sells to the public but it is quite a bit cheaper if you can prove you are trade.
hope thats a help.xx

hi
i am in brighton as well. you can get supplies from capital hair and beauty in hove. also sallys in western road and george street in hove. capital is a wholesalers so you need to be trade. sallys sells to the public but it is quite a bit cheaper if you can prove you are trade.
hope thats a help.xx

Hi,

Cheers for the insights. I am registered with Capital and have been able to get some stuff there, their website is pretty good too. Think i may have been in Sally's but forgot about them so will give it another try!:hug: Cheers.

hiya and welcome...what products are you using at the mo...? x

Hi,

Thank you - getting some great info from this site, what a life safer!

Currently using the products from my training co but not happy to stick to this ling term. Still desperately trying to locate somewhere online where i can get Creative products and the Brisa gels. Made one order online to a company for Brisa but never arrived (hey, at least it didn't come off my pay account!!) but also looking for EZflow products. Any idea's?

Be very grateful for some info on this as would like to offer some well known and trusted products. Cheers

Hi,

Thank you - getting some great info from this site, what a life safer!

Currently using the products from my training co but not happy to stick to this ling term. Still desperately trying to locate somewhere online where i can get Creative products and the Brisa gels. Made one order online to a company for Brisa but never arrived (hey, at least it didn't come off my pay account!!) but also looking for EZflow products. Any idea's?

Be very grateful for some info on this as would like to offer some well known and trusted products. Cheers

All Creative products are available from Sweet Squared who are the distributor, but you need training before you can buy them...... Ring them and ask about training options (but I think having done a home learn course you can't just do a conversion to Creative, I think you need to start at Foundation.....)

All Creative products are available from Sweet Squared who are the distributor, but you need training before you can buy them...... Ring them and ask about training options (but I think having done a home learn course you can't just do a conversion to Creative, I think you need to start at Foundation.....)

cheers, that is something i will def look into now. :hug:

Latest posts

Back