Starting to give up with Shellac

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is how i sell the ide of using solar oil.

I tell my clients that its as important to use a conditioner for their nails as it is to use conditioner for their hair, the diffrence is that with hair it become unruly and difficult to handle on a daily basic. With nails it dosnt show until you have problems like splitting nails. Sure som people gets away with not using solar oil, but this time of the year it really important to use this product.

Regading the problems you are having, I think it could be that the nails is to dry, and therefor flaking which then will make the shellac come away from the tip.

Learn to turn away clients if their nails is to dry, it will bennfit you in the long run. Aplying shellac to dry flaky nails can last as little as a few days, then they come back thinking its you that did a bad job shellacing.

Any lose flakes must be removed, If nessary file the nail quite short, to ensure that you only paint the shellac on healthy nail.

Hope this helps.xx

This is how i sell the ide of using solar oil.

I tell my clients that its as important to use a conditioner for their nails as it is to use conditioner for their hair, the diffrence is that with hair it become unruly and difficult to handle on a daily basic. With nails it dosnt show until you have problems like splitting nails. Sure som people gets away with not using solar oil, but this time of the year it really important to use this product.

Regading the problems you are having, I think it could be that the nails is to dry, and therefor flaking which then will make the shellac come away from the tip.

Learn to turn away clients if their nails is to dry, it will bennfit you in the long run. Aplying shellac to dry flaky nails can last as little as a few days, then they come back thinking its you that did a bad job shellacing.

Any lose flakes must be removed, If nessary file the nail quite short, to ensure that you only paint the shellac on healthy nail.

Hope this helps.xx

Thanks Sheeba

That is a good way of thinking about it :) thanks for replying to the thread. X

Thanks MrsP

I am hoping the course will help on Monday.

I always suggest Solar Oil to my clients but they never buy it I have said to them they will see the difference when using it. Any tips how I can convince them ?

To help with Solar oil..... I'm mobile so I stock the tiny oils retail £3! I ask them during the Shellac treatment what they do to their nails at home... Like hand cream, washing hands, cleaning with or with out gloves???
And I tell them how important solar oil is and the benefits and other homecare like wearing gloves!!!!. So when I have finished and apply the solar oil I show it to them and explain it will help maintain their nails & the Shellac. Most of them buy it!! You have to get mentioning it sooner and it's importance earlier in the treatment! Hope this helps x

Hey Zoerose84

Which course did you do with Shellac? I am hoping it will help with what i am doing wrong. I am also going to see if they say anything about the scrub fresh sandwich as i had never heard of it either.

Let me know how you get on with it if you try it :D

xx

I did the Shellac brings em back course. I hope you find yours helpful and I will certainly let you know if i try the nail fresh!

Let me know how you get on and good luck :)

Latest posts

Back