Starting up mobile

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beau1507

Reaction score
Hi!
im looking at starting out as a mobile beauty therapist ive been out of the beauty industry for about four years after having children have now enroled onto a short refresher course,any tips on best way about starting up eg best products to use advertising etc,thanks!x :)

Hiya,
I have found vista print fab! I was mobile, until renting a room in a salon, and found there were some great deals. I have one of there websites too and it only costs me around £7 a month. They are always doing offers where you can get free business cards and postcards (which act great as leaflets).
May i might also add, be as patient as you possibly can and do not expect to be busy straight away. It takes a long time to build up your client base and alot of hard work. But be consistant, do your best in everything that you can and eventually it will pay off. Also try free advert sites like gumtree and tomson local. xxx:hug:

thanks very much for your advice stacey will look into the advertising companies you mentioned!x x

Hi im mobile and agree get yourself a website, mine is a basic one from Vista print get some post cards, and get yourself on every free advertising site you can, there are loads, google, netmums, freeindex, scoot. just google it. This will get you high up when people search mobile therapist in your area. Put your cards in all the post offices and hairdressers that dont do beauty.
As for products, I try to use as good a quality as possible, without spending out too much up front. Eve Taylor, Berins, Gena and Tantrick to name a few.
Just make sure you are as proffesional as poss, do a consultaion with new clients, and try to add some little extras to the treatments to give the Salons a run for there money. ie. I give a foot or hand massage when the mask is on for a facial. Take my digital radio to play chill music and burn chocolate insence sticks, and pull there curtains, so there room is like a really luxury salon. You cant beat it, they can then chill out while to pack up. Im getting busier every week, so keep at it, it wil happen, good luck, you'll love it.:hug:

thanks very much for your advise faye will look into those products u have mentionedx x x

Latest posts

Back