starting waxing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fluffysheeps33

Reaction score
hi guys i know its nothing to do with nails but i have bought a marcia starter kit and was wondering without a microwave in my new salon how do i get the wax out of the pot into the heater please help i cant put the pot into the heater as it says in the manuel not to starting to panic opening tomorrow please help thanx guys love ya all

well all I do is stand the pot in a saucepan of hot hot water for 15 - 20 mins and its usually soft enought to transfer from the plastic pot to metal container at that stage!....with the help of some spatulas to get the last bit out!
hth's a bit x
Good luck on yer opening!

If you ledge the pot on to of the heater so it is ready to pour in and then turn the heater on - some of the heat should rise and the was should then slowly pour into the heater. This may to take lontger to do but should do the job if you have no other way of heating the tub.

Have you qualified in waxing?

Can you post a pic of your heater on here? - some need an extra bucket to go into the heating chamber BEFORE any wax goes in!! You dont want to pour the wax directly into the heating chamber!!!!:eek: You will end up with smoke, and possibly a fire. Certainly no one will be waxed!!!!

Does the heater come with a metal type of rod thingy, about the thickness of a coat hanger? If so, you need to attach this to the plastic wax pot - then slot it into the heater to warm.

I personally hate this type of heater - It was the first one I bought - and I would never use it again. It was faulty, to the extent that it burned the plastic pot and the bottom fell out of it - but it was such a messy job.

Check out www.beautyexpress.co.uk - they have some really good wax ranges in there. I use the Hive roller system - and have had no probs yet! Cuts down waxing time by about 10 mins!

Ask for a catalogue - they come really quickly. Customer service is great too.

Are you able to put the pot directly into the heater ?

Some are designed to do this, i used to have the salon system heater and you can put the pot straight in rather than faffing about with heating it up & all that.

Hi
Depending on what heater you are using.
I put the pot in my heater and heat it up that way as directed of course.
Do you have heater collars and scraping bar?
Im not sure but if the heater came with pot wax surely you put the wax in the heater in the pot.
Have you got any instructions they should give you an inkling as to what to do.
Tiakayla xx

hi guys thanx for all your sugestions yeah i am qualified in waxing and all aspects of beauty but got really unstuck when it said in the instuctions not to put the plastic pot in the heater OMG anyway it is done now and i just boiled my kettle sat my tub of wax in it for about 20 mins and then poored it in thanx for all your suggestions though always nice to know i can ask you guys for help well wish me luck first day tomorrow dont think i am gonna sleep tonight but have named my salon asteria beauty for those of you who remember my thread a couple of weeks ago asking for name ideas anyway got to go and do prep for tomorrow bye and thanx again :lol:

Latest posts

Back