Static hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

celene

Reaction score
had few clients in lately sayin they have really static hair all of a sudden?any tips and what causes it?

Apparently the sun can do it so with all the hot weather we've had that might have done it. Xx

Its usually lack of humidity in the atmosphere, coupled with overdrying the hair/overstraightening leading to lack of moisture in the hair shaft. Th lack of moisture present leads to negative and positive ions pushing away from each other, and creating static electricty as they do.
Use moistuising products, and dont overdry the hair.

Its usually lack of humidity in the atmosphere, coupled with overdrying the hair/overstraightening leading to lack of moisture in the hair shaft. Th lack of moisture present leads to negative and positive ions pushing away from each other, and creating static electricty as they do.
Use moistuising products, and dont overdry the hair.

Sorry to interrupt im over from the nail geek but my hair is like this almost every day! This is great to know thanks :) but what do you mean by over drying the hair?
Vicki :) xx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

You can get an ionic dryer that cancels out static charges, but over drying can still occur. Vicki, try to let your hair dry naturally if possible then flat iron lightly, or put on some quality moisturising product before drying it and don't dry to the point it feels like sticks before attacking with flat irons.

Think of it like a loo, you wash your hands then dry with a towel, you wash your hands as dry under a hand dryer, which dries out the skin more? And under the hand dryer would you keep the heat ad airflow on once all the water has gone?

Best tip is to blast dry the majority, then go over gently with a brush to smooth it and then let it cool, give the hair a good brush through with your hands to feel if it's dry yet soft and feeling moisturised or wet. Xoxo

I see! That's great im definitely going to do this tomorrow and hopefully solve the problem of my horrid fly away hair :) thank you!
Vicki :) xx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back